5 replies to this topic

#1 faijay465

faijay465

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 11:22 AM

I was just looking at the web site www.lesmagnolias.com and the pictures of the food just blew me away. Each dish is beautifully presented on plates that appear to have been designed specifically for that dish and each dish is innovative and gorgeous to look at. But what I most love, is the wit of the presentation. My favourite is a dessert that presents a round of chocolate cake with chocolate mousee on it and topped with a beautiful round of chocolate. The plate has very precisely placed dots of chocolate. The piiece de resistance is a large yellow pacman (don't know what it is made of -- I'll consult the menu, but if anyone has eaten here maybe you know).

I CAN'T wait (or weight) to dine at this restaurant and would love to hear from anyone that has eaten there recently. It is my must go to for my next trip to Paris. Certainly looks worth a train ride.

I have seen other postings about this place, but the whole ambience of the web site is incredible. Check it out. :huh:

#2 SamanthaF

SamanthaF

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,169 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 01:13 PM

We've been dining at LM for the last 5 years.

It's one of our favourite Paris restaurants.
Okay, they can tell me "miso butterscotch" until the cows come home, but I say it's toffee and I say the hell with it. This is the goo an eight year-old wants to find in the middle of a candy bar. No adult in their senses wants it creeping up on their pig parts.
Wilfrid at The Pink Pig.

"I'm lost. You shat on the cum-carpet, or you came on the shit-carpet?" - The Wonderful LML 5th Feb, 2008.

"God bless those fucking guidelines. Where would we be without them?" - Stone March 2008

#3 tanabutler

tanabutler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 08:20 PM

Thanks for the heads up. What beautiful work!

#4 DRColby

DRColby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 10:37 PM

We've been there twice in different years, the last visit was two falls ago. To me this is one of the most under-rated places in the Paris area; food, staff and wines are incrediable and the cost is more than reasonable... Love this place we would return in a heart-beat if in Paris.

dave

#5 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,398 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 01:57 AM

There was scuttle a few months back suggesting that LM was planning a move into Paris central. Any concrete news?

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#6 faijay465

faijay465

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 04:38 PM

There was scuttle a few months back suggesting that LM was planning a move into Paris central. Any concrete news?

Posted at that other site and those in the know, say madam at Les Magnolias, says they are looking for a place in Paris. So it will be sometime in the future. I think it will get more recognition (damn). :huh: