495 replies to this topic

#61 Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts

Posted 29 January 2007 - 10:36 PM

He is totally dominating the sport. What kills me is how people seriously expect him to win every week. If the guy fails to win for a few weeks in a row, he is considered to be in a slump. He has totally changed the expectations for a professional golfer.

#62 macrosan

macrosan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 10:07 AM

If the guy fails to win for a few weeks in a row, he is considered to be in a slump. He has totally changed the expectations for a professional golfer.

I don't think so. He has only changed the expectations for Tiger Woods :lol:

#63 Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts

Posted 30 January 2007 - 12:47 PM

If the guy fails to win for a few weeks in a row, he is considered to be in a slump. He has totally changed the expectations for a professional golfer.

I don't think so.

I do.

#64 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:50 AM

Mighty impressive. From PGA TOUR.com after Tiger's win at The Wachovia Championship on Sunday:

Tiger Woods earns his 57th career PGA TOUR victory at the age of 31 years, four months and six days in his 215th (206th professional) career start on TOUR. For 2007, this is his third PGA TOUR victory in six starts.

• Woods moves to No. 3 on the all-time Wachovia Championship money list with $1,586,000. He earned $324,800 in 2004 (T3) and $127,200 in 2005 (T11).

• Woods becomes the first three-time winner of the season and has collected at least three wins in a season for the ninth time in his 12-year PGA TOUR career. He improves his season earnings to $4,142,391, the 10th time he has exceeded the $4 million mark, and has surpassed the $69 million mark in career PGA TOUR Official Money with $69,854,715.

• Woods has won his 24th different tournament on the PGA TOUR. There are only four events on the PGA TOUR that he has played multiple times but has never won. And he won for the first time in the state of North Carolina, his 13th different state with a win.

• Woods now has five top-10 finishes for the season. He has 137 career top-10s in 206 professional starts and has finished in the top-25 181 times.

• This is the 16th time Woods has won an event without holding the 54-hole lead, including two of his three victories in 2007. He came from two strokes back at the Buick Invitational. His 57 career PGA TOUR victories are the fifth most in TOUR history. Arnold Palmer stands in fourth with 62 victories.

#65 Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 11:59 AM

He has won half of the tournaments that he has entered this season. That's insane.

#66 Carolyn Tillie

Carolyn Tillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

There's an interesting article in this month's Cigar Aficionado about Jim Furyk - and how he deals with the idea of being #2 in the sport.

#67 Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:58 PM

That's funny, I never think of Furyk as being #2 in the sport.

#68 bilrus

bilrus

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts

Posted 08 May 2007 - 02:06 PM

He has won half of the tournaments that he has entered this season. That's insane.

And six of his last nine dating back to the end of last season.

I know some people get tired of seeing him win, but I am fascinated watching his domination and greatness continue to unfold.

#69 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

13 Majors and counting <_< .

#70 joiei

joiei

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,516 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:11 PM

13 Majors and counting <_< .

And he did it in just incredible heat. I just came from Southern Hills and my car thermometer was reading 111F when I got in it to come home. I do not know if that had anything to do with the actual heat or if it was parked in the free lot at Oral Roberts University just across the street from Victory Christian Center and real close to the "praying hands". I watched him play the 12th hole, a par 4, and he was like a machine.
"Love ya once, love ya twice, love ya more than beans and rice"

#71 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 12:26 AM

I know some people get tired of seeing him win, but I am fascinated watching his domination and greatness continue to unfold.

And he's eye candy. What's not to like?
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#72 Miguel Gierbolini

Miguel Gierbolini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 01:05 AM

Jack, Jack, Jack.
"I mispoke."

#73 Carolyn Tillie

Carolyn Tillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 13 August 2007 - 05:47 PM

And he's eye candy. What's not to like?

The fact that he is married with a child.... <_<

#74 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:10 AM

Pockets the Tour Championship and the Fed Ex Cup (and a $10 million annuity). Next up, Player of the Year.

#75 Miguel Gierbolini

Miguel Gierbolini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:25 AM

Could this be? Are we in the presence of the Greatest Golf Player ever?
"I mispoke."