4900 replies to this topic

#61 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,319 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:30 PM

I'm sad to say I've never even heard of Waiting for Guffman.

When you return home in the dead of winter, rent it. It'll cheer you up. :blink:

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#62 Miguel Gierbolini

Miguel Gierbolini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts

Posted 16 September 2006 - 04:42 PM

I'm sad to say I've never even heard of Waiting for Guffman.

When you return home in the dead of winter, rent it. It'll cheer you up. :blink:

Fred Willard's line about his "penis reduction surgery" to dentist Eugene Levy seeking his opinion "as a medical man" cracked me up. Willard's nonchalant delivery and Levy's shocked reaction are priceless.
"I mispoke."

#63 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 12:26 AM

I already mentioned Lord Buckley, and nobody agreed. Are you all simply too young?

No.

My dad used to make us listen to him. I guess I should try again.

if you see Guffman, remember that in real life I am very much like the character Corky St Claire.

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#64 GrantK

GrantK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:31 AM

Things other people don't think are funny

Do click on the link inside the link though. :blink:
Never assume animosity when stupidity could be the cause.
Whichever side you're on, the other side doesn't just have bad ideas, they have to be bad people too.
People like her are always scared. It’s a lonely world when you’re just so damned right and everyone else is so stupid. That’s why God made cats.
He tended to date high-strung women — another symptom of his shyness. "Say what you want about them, psychotics tend to make the first move."
When you get over-confident, you get your ass kicked with your own shoes. (Fabio, Top Chef)
They probably drink corporate water.

'Happy Cuatro de Cinco!'

#65 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,491 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:55 AM

Customers.

Had an elderly gentleman in the store the other day. He asked me where Housewares were. I figured I could save him some footwork and asked what he wanted.

"A nookie shaper."

"Excuse me?"

"A nookie shaper. I usually use two forks, but I wanted to try using a nookie shaper..."

I could hardly recount this story to my coworkers, I was laughing so hard.

i don't get it.

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#66 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,793 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 01:59 AM

Gnocchi, I think.
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#67 Pingarina

Pingarina

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:45 AM

if you see Guffman, remember that in real life I am very much like the character Corky St Claire.

Oh God, so much more butch. In the good way :blink:
loser magnet

#68 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:04 AM

Oh God, so much more butch. In the good way :blink:

Actually, I'm an odd combination of Corky, George Clooney, Ana Maria Alberghetti, Moms Mabley and Charles Nelson Reilly. For me, it works.

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#69 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:29 PM

You had to be there. Yes, it was gnocchi.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#70 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:36 PM

Last week, TJ and I spent a night at his Mom's house. For some reason, she's replaced the queen-size bed in the guest room with two twins. So for the first time in our history together, we slept in separate beds. As TJ switched off the light he said “goodnight, Lucy.”

#71 Maurice Naughton

Maurice Naughton

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:51 PM

Today I saw Eddie Izzard in a movie called 'My Super Ex Girlfriend," or something similar. He was fucking boring. Everone in the fucking movie was fucking boring. I cannot recall ever before having seen a movie billed as a comedy with minus zero laughs. Do some people really think Uma Thurman is attractive?. The Wilson brothers need to be confited. Although Owen wasn't in this, he deserves it for Dupree. I would have walked out but my arthritis was killing me and after the codiene kicked in I no longer cared.
Cambridge University Professor of Electrical Engineering, Sir Charles Oatley, in October, 1948, along with his student Dennis McMullan, began the research that led to the production of the first scanning electron microscope in 1965.

I thought you'd want to know.

#72 ngatti

ngatti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,429 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 03:59 PM

You had to be there. Yes, it was gnocchi.

I thought it was funny.

The "two forks" got me to thinking about 'forked tongues' in a free association, stream of conciousness sort of way.
yer 'avin' a larf, mate

#73 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 04:55 PM

Today I saw Eddie Izzard in a movie called 'My Super Ex Girlfriend," or something similar. He was fucking boring. Everone in the fucking movie was fucking boring. I cannot recall ever before having seen a movie billed as a comedy with minus zero laughs. Do some people really think Uma Thurman is attractive?. The Wilson brothers need to be confited. Although Owen wasn't in this, he deserves it for Dupree. I would have walked out but my arthritis was killing me and after the codiene kicked in I no longer cared.

IMDBing to find out if Eddie Izzard has been in any good movies* I discovered that he was in The Revenger's Tragedy (yes that Revenger's Tragedy) directed by Alex Cox!

*Velvet Goldmine
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#74 GrantK

GrantK

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,017 posts

Posted 18 September 2006 - 06:15 PM

SHADOW OF THE VAMPIRE is serious cinematographic eye-candy if you're into that sort of thing. The central conceit of the plot was a bit silly, but if you could suspend your disbelief, it was a pretty decent movie. And Eddie was good. Very understated performance.
Never assume animosity when stupidity could be the cause.
Whichever side you're on, the other side doesn't just have bad ideas, they have to be bad people too.
People like her are always scared. It’s a lonely world when you’re just so damned right and everyone else is so stupid. That’s why God made cats.
He tended to date high-strung women — another symptom of his shyness. "Say what you want about them, psychotics tend to make the first move."
When you get over-confident, you get your ass kicked with your own shoes. (Fabio, Top Chef)
They probably drink corporate water.

'Happy Cuatro de Cinco!'

#75 FaustianBargain

FaustianBargain

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,507 posts

Posted 01 October 2006 - 04:13 PM

Fer pluggin' the bloody hole afore th' sharks smell ye!
i am not a cancer, i am a sagittarius.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?