Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 10 April 2008 - 06:27 PM

QUOTE(jesteinf @ Apr 8 2008, 03:37 PM) View Post
QUOTE(Rebecca @ Apr 10 2008, 12:07 PM) View Post
So where in Scottsdale is the chef?

The Scottsdale thing fell through. Poli is coming back to Chicago and will be the Chef at Perennial. From Chicago Magazine's Dish newsletter:

Chef Ryan Poli, who had a huge following at Butter, has returned to Chicago to become the chef de cuisine at Perennial (1800 N. Lincoln Ave.), the upcoming spot from Rob Katz and Kevin Boehm (Boka, Landmark). “Things just sometimes don’t work out the way you want them to,” Poli says of his recent jaunt to Phoenix, Arizona. “So I decided to come back to Chicago. It’s where my passion is.” Poli also spent about a year interning in various standouts in Spain, including El Celler de Can Roca with Joan and Jordi Roca in Girona. “In Europe, you just show up and say, ‘I’m here to do a stage. Do you have room for me?’” Poli says. . . . Anyway, Perennial: Turns out Boehm and Poli have the same hairstylist, who persuaded the two to connect. Next thing you know, Poli is in Perennial’s kitchen, joining the executive chef, Giuseppe Tentori, in tinkering over playful inventions such as a surf-and-turf appetizer of ahi tuna and a New York strip carpaccio—and introducing a dish he learned in Spain: “inside-out flan,” a purée of white chocolate flan with ginger ice cream, warm passion fruit jelly, and caramelized pumpkinseeds. Keep an eye on this one.

Good Thinking

Just got word today the Scottsdale place is opening soon but have not heard if Ryan Poli is no longer on board.