949 replies to this topic

#46 JPW

JPW

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,280 posts

Posted 19 April 2007 - 07:21 PM

I think I'm the only one watching the NHL playoffs considering both NBC and Versus have lost viewership since the regular season ended.

No, I've been watching, too. So that makes two viewers for a share of .00000001. :lol:
"You know what we need around here? More guidelines. I don't think we have enough guidelines. I mean -- look at that other place, it even has guidelines for its guidelines."

"Also, we don't "ban" people in the arbitrary fashion you are describing. It's a meticulous and careful process, which is only used sparingly." -jhlurie (now ex-officio)

#47 GalPalJoan

GalPalJoan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 20 April 2007 - 03:35 AM

Due to a massive amount of rain (and snow) during my vacation I am now totally addicted to Robin Hood, the new series on BBC America. Can't even begin to explain why. It's just fun and who doesn't enjoy men in tights?
Thursday: This morning, I say to my wife and my girls, the waffles we face are real. They will not go away. Cornmeal waffles, buckwheat waffles, pumpkin waffles, chicken'n'waffles. The waffles we face are serious and manifold.

I have been remembering this man with some real vigor over the past couple of days. He was a miserable stinker, although now that he has gone on to his reward I can't say what I really thought of him. But if I'm any judge of these things, I'll bet he's hotter than Squeat Mungry. DebVanD

"Generosity, that was my first mistake. I leave these people a little bit extra and they hire these men to make trouble."

"They've got you wrong. You're not a coward. STUPID, maybe. But not a coward."

#48 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 05:19 PM

Unfortunately, the first two hours didn't grab me. Of course, I'll watch Nathan Fillion reading the phone book, so I paid attention when he was on screen, but unless this series has something more to show I'm already tuning out. Too bad, as I loved Firefly and would have loved seeing something in that vein again.

NUG!
Nathan Fillion alert! Just saw him sitting down to lunch at the Cleaver Co. in Chelsea Market.
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#49 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

I am in love with the VH1 shows. Celebrity Fit Club is a hoot, watching pudgy c-list celebrities loose weight. It's actually inspiring on some level and hysterical watching nobodies like Dustin Diamond (sp) who is as relevant as Tang, act important.

I also LOVE Charm School with Mo'nique. A house full of rejects from Flavor of Love learn charm and poise, or at least try to. It's as fake as Ashlee Simpson but it's pretty funny.

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#50 memesuze

memesuze

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,360 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 08:02 PM

someone has too much time on his hands....
"When you think about it, all of my greatest work is poop tomorrow." - Mario Batali

Even if you live to be 100, life is short.

#51 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,529 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

I am in love with the VH1 shows. Celebrity Fit Club is a hoot, watching pudgy c-list celebrities loose weight. It's actually inspiring on some level and hysterical watching nobodies like Dustin Diamond (sp) who is as relevant as Tang, act important.

Screech got fat?!
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#52 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:12 PM

Before or after the sex tape?
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#53 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:03 PM

He's pretty big. And a complete pig.

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#54 KRamsey

KRamsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 03:45 PM

I'll watch Nathan Fillion reading the phone book

He's in the new movie "Waitress."
http://movies2.nytim...html?ref=movies

#55 lovelynugget

lovelynugget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:06 PM

I'll watch Nathan Fillion reading the phone book

He's in the new movie "Waitress."
http://movies2.nytim...html?ref=movies

Yes, thank you. It's in my plans for the weekend. And the movie got a lovely review in the NYT.

Lucky for Nathan that instead of reading a phone book he gets to have an affair with the beauteous Keri Russell.

#56 KRamsey

KRamsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

I was pretty sad to find out that Adrienne Shelley, promising director of and actress in "Waitress," was murdered.

#57 johnnyd

johnnyd

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 803 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:43 AM

Due to a massive amount of rain (and snow) during my vacation I am now totally addicted to Robin Hood, the new series on BBC America. Can't even begin to explain why. It's just fun and who doesn't enjoy men in tights?

We totally caught that wave too! It's a great series. Evil sherrif (reminds me of an old prof) - lovely maid marianne - nice chappies in the gang - smart script, takes a little guesswork thankfully - good shooting and clever schemes. It's such a hit here at home we have to get back Saturday nights in time for the new edisode!
"Chicken Zaatar in thirty minutes! Ready to eat by the end of evening prayer! Deeelish! Allah-akbar, everybody! Woohoo!!"
- Rachael Ray in a potentially lucrative new gig

Portland Food Map.com

#58 GalPalJoan

GalPalJoan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:23 PM

The Saturday night schedule was a problem for me, too, but I just got a DVR!!! My life is now complete. Not only do I not have to mess with the tapes, I've got 100 hours of digital, mind-numbing bliss at my fingertips and I still get to fast forward through the commercials. And the next best part, I don't even have to remember to set the DVR because it will simply record an entire SERIES if I want it to. It's brilliant.

My grandfather, who came over from Italy in the early 1900's, never did believe that we actually put a man on the moon. And I know if he saw this thing he'd say it was something from the devil. But I say pure heaven.
Thursday: This morning, I say to my wife and my girls, the waffles we face are real. They will not go away. Cornmeal waffles, buckwheat waffles, pumpkin waffles, chicken'n'waffles. The waffles we face are serious and manifold.

I have been remembering this man with some real vigor over the past couple of days. He was a miserable stinker, although now that he has gone on to his reward I can't say what I really thought of him. But if I'm any judge of these things, I'll bet he's hotter than Squeat Mungry. DebVanD

"Generosity, that was my first mistake. I leave these people a little bit extra and they hire these men to make trouble."

"They've got you wrong. You're not a coward. STUPID, maybe. But not a coward."

#59 Carolyn Tillie

Carolyn Tillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:02 PM

I just got a DVR!!!

Reason #37 why I'm glad I don't own a television -- it is bad enough that I watch two to three movies a day. If I had access to what is on television, I would be a total slug!

#60 MakesMeSmile

MakesMeSmile

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 08:22 PM

The America's Funniest Videos marathon on Nick at Nite. I have loved this show for years - it is so trashy but soo good (as trashy things often are).