#61 GalPalJoan

GalPalJoan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 09:04 PM

I just got a DVR!!!

Reason #37 why I'm glad I don't own a television -- it is bad enough that I watch two to three movies a day. If I had access to what is on television, I would be a total slug!

That's OK. Feel free to live vicariously through my sloth.
Thursday: This morning, I say to my wife and my girls, the waffles we face are real. They will not go away. Cornmeal waffles, buckwheat waffles, pumpkin waffles, chicken'n'waffles. The waffles we face are serious and manifold.

I have been remembering this man with some real vigor over the past couple of days. He was a miserable stinker, although now that he has gone on to his reward I can't say what I really thought of him. But if I'm any judge of these things, I'll bet he's hotter than Squeat Mungry. DebVanD

"Generosity, that was my first mistake. I leave these people a little bit extra and they hire these men to make trouble."

"They've got you wrong. You're not a coward. STUPID, maybe. But not a coward."

#62 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:31 PM

I am in love with the VH1 shows. Celebrity Fit Club is a hoot, watching pudgy c-list celebrities loose weight. It's actually inspiring on some level and hysterical watching nobodies like Dustin Diamond (sp) who is as relevant as Tang, act important.

I saw some of this last night. Screech is not a nice person but we all know it is because he is one big ball of insecurities and just needs a big hug.
It is better to have beans and bacon in peace than cakes and ale in fear.

#63 Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,958 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

Screech got fat?

#64 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:38 PM

Is there an echo in here?

#65 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:26 PM

Yes, Screech is big and robust.
I'm too old for his show. I didn't even know it existed when it was on and seeing it now I think it was intended to make young people stupid. I think it worked and I think this Screech guy had something to do with it. I think it must also be hard for him to admit he has no particular talent, but he should. I'm going to leave the hugging up to you, Abbylovi.
I am old enough to remember the Brady Bunch and while I was always more interested in the Brady boys, Maureen McCormick comes off as the nicest, most genuine person possible.

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#66 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 03:50 PM

His show was called Saved by the Bell and Screech was the best thing on it. Not that I watched it. Also, to make things worse for the poor guy, his brother is one of the Beastie Boys.
Oh and one other thing: he's 187 pounds and 6 feet tall. I didn't think that he looked particularly fat, I mean he could stand to lose some weight but not fat.

#67 lovelynugget

lovelynugget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:13 PM

Also, to make things worse for the poor guy, his brother is one of the Beastie Boys.

Ain't true.

#68 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

Also, to make things worse for the poor guy, his brother is one of the Beastie Boys.

Ain't true.

I could've sworn that I read that somewhere but there's no mention on IMDB. Am I thinking of someone else? Urban myth? At least now I know his nickname is Dirty Sanchez.

#69 lovelynugget

lovelynugget

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,412 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

Ain't true.

I could've sworn that I read that somewhere but there's no mention on IMDB. Am I thinking of someone else? Urban myth? At least now I know his nickname is Dirty Sanchez.

Urban myth.

I'd sue for libel, if I were Mike D.

#70 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 04:28 PM

Apparently so, but thankfully I haven't seen the "home movie". :P

His show was called Saved by the Bell and Screech was the best thing on it.

Yes, other than Elizabeth Berkley, Tiffani-Amber Thyssen and all the other girls.

Not that I watched it.

No, no. Me neither.
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#71 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 05:43 PM

I watch The Soup (fka Talk Soup) so I don't have to actually watch all these shows!

And I'm here to admit that I love Numb3rs. I swallow the preposterous story lines hook, line and sinker. Even while my husband is snorting in disgust next to me.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#72 KRamsey

KRamsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,659 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

And I'm here to admit that I love Numb3rs.

I'm afraid I had to give up on it, although I do really like Rob Morrow in it. As adorable as David Krumholtz is, he drives me insane. It's either his acting or the writing for his character or a combination of both.

#73 Abbylovi

Abbylovi

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,526 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:24 PM

Apparently so, but thankfully I haven't seen the "home movie". :P

His show was called Saved by the Bell and Screech was the best thing on it.

Yes, other than Elizabeth Berkley, Tiffani-Amber Thyssen and all the other girls.

Not that I watched it.

No, no. Me neither.

From here on I'm going to stop posting on the Screech subject, it's making me look worse than usual. But I really have to clear up the idea that I was ogling young Dustin Diamond. Or the older, chubbier one.

#74 flyfish

flyfish

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,771 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:39 PM

Man, I need to get out more. I thought I'd strayed into a discussion about rum by mistake.

Posted Image
“I used to be eye candy but now I’m more like eye pickle"
Neil Innes

“Your father is going deaf. I can’t hear a word he says!”
My mom

“I hope to set an example, you know, for children and stuff."
Captain Hammer

#75 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

The rental house we vacationed in had cable (we no gots TV at home, by choice) – not very good channels (I think...I didn't spend a lot of time investigating) but me and TJ both got hooked on Mythbusters. Guys with cool toys blowing stuff up. What's not to like?