#1 Della

Della

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 03:38 PM

Hi all~
I am in some extra boring training classes in Renton for 3 days this week and realized yesterday at noon that I did not plan on where I was going to have lunch.
Ended up at a mexican restaurant but can't do that again today. :lol:
Does anyone have any suggestions? I am right by all the car dealerships off the 167 & Grady.

Thank you!!! Della

#2 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

Plenty good lunch places in Renton...

Naan-n-Curry
Red House
Whistle Stop Ale House

These would all be a healthy, but not unreasonable, walk from where you are. DO NOT GO TO THE CHINESE BUFFET THAT IS CLOSE TO YOUR LOCATION!!! :lol:
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#3 Della

Della

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 18 January 2007 - 05:39 PM

We saw the Chinese Buffet yesterday and joked around about going there!!! :lol:

Thanks for the tips. I appreciate very much! I didn't want to eat at AppleBees :lol: and we don't have too much time to drive very far. I'll let you know where we end up.

#4 Della

Della

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 181 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 05:36 PM

We ate at the Red House yesterday. Very cute little restaurant!
I had the cuban sandwich with yam fries
One person had the grilled cheese with pear salad and the 3rd person had sauteed calamari served in aa bowl with bread on the side and in a spicy sauce.
I would definately go back again if I was in Renton and needed some lunch or dinner.
I think it would be fun to sit on their deck in the summer too!
Thanks for the tip. :lol:

#5 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:21 PM

I had to run to Renton this weekend so I did what any foodie would do and texted Tighe for recommendations! We went to Naan n Curry because it was next door to our destination. It was great! Three of us shared Paneer Pakora, Chicken Tikka Masala,  Lamb Palek Gosht and three pieces of naan. The naan was the best - stretchy and charred. Mmmmm. We had enough leftover for Paul's dinner last night.

Someone said it was a chain and they were in NY, etc. But what I read says they started in SF and have only this one other location. I wouldn't hesitate to go there again, if I ever find myself in Renton.

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM