whole grain toast with p-nut butter and sour cherry preserves

#32 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:07 PM

Egg and tomato baguette from Pret a Manger. Orange juice.
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#33 galleygirl

galleygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 22 July 2004 - 01:11 PM

Had some leftover pizzza dough...Preheated the oven while I did morning things, then threw it on the stone, with lots of fresh thyme (one of the herbs that's growing well), EVOO, S&P...A minute before it was done, dropped an egg on the middle....Mmmm, pizza crustiness to dip into egg yolk....

Rachel Ray, are you making your own dough?

Don't be ridiculous; I have better things to do with my wrists and my food-processor... ;)

This was from Trader Joe's, because my favorite, down the corner, the Brookline Spa was closed...

BTW, I wouldn't bother with TJ's again, it's much better purchased fresh......
Bistrodraw Illustration

Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?

#34 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 23 July 2004 - 03:11 PM

Guacamole, toasted ciabatta, hunks of Cato Corner cheese, slices of greenmarket tomato. Coffee.
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#35 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 02:15 PM

Toasted whole wheat bread (Pepperidge Farm), lots of mayo, slices of beefsteak tomato, salt and pepper. Tomato Sandwich! One of my favorites. Coffee.

Anybody remember Harriet the Spy?
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#36 ahr

ahr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 02:20 PM

Black Cherokee heirloom, Joe's mozzarella, fresh basil, olive oil, gray sea salt -- finally!
"To Serve Man"
-- Favorite Twilight Zone cookbook

#37 Kikujiro

Kikujiro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:58 PM

Organic (and unnecessarily fat-free) yoghurt, banana, strawberries and blackberries. Piece of rye bread (can't work out how to toast in this house; even the grill in the oven seems not to work) with butter and honey. Coffee, innocent mango/passionfruit smoothie.

Wilf: I confess to rather liking those Pret egg and tomato 'breakfast baguettes' on the odd occasion, peculiar as the idea of an egg sandwich of any other kind is usually so offputting I've almost never eaten one.
Same shit, different login. [-- Omni]

#38 galleygirl

galleygirl

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 03:58 PM

Where are you that you're eating a Black Cherokee? Do you mean Purple Cherokee?
I'm so jealous, mine haven't started ripening yet.....
Bistrodraw Illustration

Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?

#39 Kikujiro

Kikujiro

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,867 posts

Posted 24 July 2004 - 04:01 PM

Waitrose organic muesli (very boring) with lots and lots of raspberries and blueberries. Orange juice. Monmouth Coffee House coffee - can't remember which sort H bought.

clb

Try the Dorset Farmer (or whatever it's called) muesli next time you're in Waitrose. They have different variants, and it's not at all bad. I like the high-fibre version, it's pleasingly toasty.

I know the one you mean. Will do. Thanks, Adam.

clb

Or more expensively the Remarkables blend from those muesli people who sell at Borough, Villandry, Flaneur, &c.
Same shit, different login. [-- Omni]

#40 ahr

ahr

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 02:11 AM

GG: Yep, purple cherokee, or at least that's what I think it was: regularly shaped; kind of beefsteak-like in appearance but without the heavy-skinned, waxy look; mostly medium red with slight blue cast, but darker and greenish around the top. One stand at the Union Square Greenmarket in NYC seemed to have all kinds of heirlooms this week.
"To Serve Man"
-- Favorite Twilight Zone cookbook

#41 Maurice Naughton

Maurice Naughton

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,010 posts

Posted 25 July 2004 - 06:25 AM

This morning at about six I had a salad of Romaine lettuce, poached chinook salmon, yellow Roma tomatoes, Vidalia onions, snow peas, grated Asiago cheese, and my exquisite garlic vinaigrette. Was it breakfast? I don't know. My sleep pattern is so screwed up by chronic insomnia that breakfast-lunch-dinner no longer has any significance for me.
:unsure:
Cambridge University Professor of Electrical Engineering, Sir Charles Oatley, in October, 1948, along with his student Dennis McMullan, began the research that led to the production of the first scanning electron microscope in 1965.

I thought you'd want to know.

#42 Vanessa

Vanessa

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,998 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 10:27 AM

Late breakfast, in the States you'd probably call it lunch: hame & cheese croquettes :wub:

v
...it actually comes down to what thrills you - Hugh Johnson

authenticity is a fog that recedes just when you think you may be getting near it - R Schonfeld

The most political act we do on a daily basis is to eat - Prof J Pretty

this city without boundaries we all share - zigzackly

#43 Wilfrid1

Wilfrid1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 42,108 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:05 PM

Yellow plums, consumed in shower because almost too juicy.
Elect-a-lujah

***Every Monday***At the Sign of the Pink Pig.

If the author could go around the place hitting random readers with a rubber hammer, the Pink Pig would still be worth a visit.

#44 Cathy

Cathy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,177 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 02:18 PM

Toasted onion nan (Lucy the cat's favorite breakfast bread) with roasted eggplant hummus.
You're only as good as your grease.

When working with high heat, the first contact between the cooking surface and the food must be respected.

-- Francis Mallman

#45 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 27 July 2004 - 03:48 PM

Bowl of Heritage O's, the natural Cheerios made from cardboard. :blink:

Tiny, ever so small really, bite of alternative crumb cake. Bakery of choice re-opens today but I'll go tomorrow so as not to seem so desperate.
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”