19 replies to this topic

#16 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

I stayed with a friend for a weekend.. I must say,.. the curry chicken salad and the salmon roe spread from Loaves and Fishes or Fishes and Loaves were two of the best things I have ate in a very long time... It must have been the combination of being on the beach all morning and running around but, there was something so addictive about those two items... It has been almost a month but, that damn chicken haunts me..

only 44.99/lb

nice.. well, i will wait until i am invited back then.. :cool:
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#17 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,905 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:34 PM

The recipes might be in Summer on a Plate or The Loaves and Fishes Cookbook. I copyedited the first one listed, and know that she's got several chicken salad recipes and a salmon roe dip recipe, I just don't remember much about them. No doubt cheaper to make at home, although you won't get the ambience. :lol:

I don't actually know what a handbasket is -- but whatever they are, singer-songwriters are in the first ones going to hell. -- Sneakeater, 29 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#18 Neocon maudit

Neocon maudit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 12:35 AM

Ugh, this thread is old.

Because my sister is marrying 'down' [my parents do not approve], I'd expected/hoped her wedding would be at the city clerk's office, followed by dinner with some friends. And that was the original plan, until an investment banker friend offered his beach house in Sag Harbor. It's still going to be a relatively humble affair [especially for the location], but there'll be a proper wedding and reception now.

Anyhow, we'll be staying in Southampton [the Peconic Bay side] the weekend after Labor Day, and I wondered if there was anything in particular I ought to see, or eat. Where should I look out across the ocean? Montauk?

The Lobster Roll restaurant from The Affair is in Amagansett? :cool: 

Edited: frack me, now I want to rewatch The Affair [I like the bits about failed writer from the wrong social class in brownstone Brooklyn].

#19 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 05:23 AM

I’ve wanted to go to the flavin museum since it opened but can’t stomach the train ride from brooklyn.

#20 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,340 posts

Posted 01 July 2019 - 10:52 AM

Because my sister is marrying 'down' [my parents do not approve], 

Imagine how my wife's (then fiancée's) parents felt when she decided to say yes to marrying me!  And we did get married at the city clerk's office - in Vegas. And a small dinner afterwards, though our plans to eat at Jean Louis Palladin's Napa at the Rio, were quashed by the fact that it wasn't open on a Monday (or was it a Tuesday?) night.