1512 replies to this topic

#1501 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,292 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:08 AM

No, it's going to be a thing.  Like vinyl.  Peter and the hipsters.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#1502 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:09 AM

33327288994_63af46fd84.jpg

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#1503 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:28 AM

No, it's going to be a thing.  Like vinyl.  Peter and the hipsters.

and my wife. she loves them and went out of her way to get a working one recently.

#1504 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:32 AM

Just shattered my first screen. Really not looking forward to dealing with the 'genius bar' Saturday to get it replaced  :angry: .

#1505 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:39 AM

Just shattered my first screen. Really not looking forward to dealing with the 'genius bar' Saturday to get it replaced  :angry: .

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#1506 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 03:54 AM

my experience with that was completely painless apart from the wasted money. (170?)

#1507 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:38 AM

Supposedly because I bought the warranty it will be $29 and an hour or so of my time. But every time I've used this store, it has been horribly over-scheduled. And the geniuses have been less than stellar. My fingers are crossed I have an experience similar to yours. 

#1508 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,727 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:51 AM

everything is better in new york? the warranty I bought from verizon turned out to be useless.

#1509 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,292 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

I'm a fanboy, but I find Apple's customer service so far superior to everyone else's that it's kind of pathetic.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#1510 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,201 posts

Posted 21 April 2017 - 06:28 AM

I broke my screen for the first time after almost 2 years on my way to Las Vegas. I went to a repair place near the airport when I landed. $69 and 15 minutes later it was like new.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#1511 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,833 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 02:56 AM

So, I seriously underestimated the time that would be involved in replacing my screen. It ended up being almost 2 1/2 hours.

BUT, I was thrilled.

Get to the Apple Store and find out my Apple care expired in November. That would've meant a charge of $129 to replace the screen. BUT, the genius I was assigned decided since i'd never replaced a screen before, she'd ask the manager to give me the $29 rate to repair it (even before I was going to mentioned since the warranty was gone, I'd be taking it to one of the cheaper places to have it repaired). The manager agreed. I was given an estimate of an hour for the repair. Returned and the person checking my ticket said to wait, as it wasn't repaired.

About 15 minutes later another genius returns with my unrepaired phone. Telling me when they started working on it, it wouldn't start again. (can you see me thinking I am totally hosed here. And going to have to buy a new phone?...which would've been an option if I hadn't decided to wait for the one coming out in the Fall) Then he proceeds to tell me that they are going to give me a brand new phone (same model) to replace it since this happens sometimes when they start to remove the screen (SCORE--because my battery, after almost 2 1/2 years was on the downside of its life).

So, new phone for $29 and the time mentioned early + time for the phone to download my backed up information+ SCORE. HUGE customer service WIN!

#1512 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,292 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:54 AM

I will repeat:

I'm a fanboy, but I find Apple's customer service so far superior to everyone else's that it's kind of pathetic.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#1513 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,292 posts

Posted 23 April 2017 - 04:55 AM

And it works. I, for one, am now incredibly loyal to that brand.
Bar Loser

MF Old