2629 replies to this topic

#2626 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57,784 posts

Posted 23 June 2017 - 04:00 PM

Thanks.  I was wondering how that beer is.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#2627 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 04:12 AM

to ol sur equinox sour pale ale - brewed at de proef, 6% abv. equinox often leads to strange and hard to describe beers, this one is weird but the lime, lemon, and peach tea flavors are clean, not that tart, and easy to describe. I almost always love de proef's sours, and I think the people behind this beer must know that they can't compete with most people's local options for hoppy beer and these single hop sours are really shelf stable for hoppy beer. this isn't terribly complex, but what is here blah blah blah. recommended.

#2628 Tubbs

Tubbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 209 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 11:23 AM

Dogfish Head SeaQuench Ale - a "sour session" beer, some sort of bastardized combination of a gose with lime and coriander and sea salt, a kolsch, and a berlinerweisse. Whatever it is, it's flat out delicious and an amazing beer for a hot day.

#2629 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,458 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:19 AM

industrial arts brewing state of the art ipa batch no. 138 - 6% abv. apparently this "early summer ipa" is made with rice and candi sugar, which I think I would have been hard pressed to guess. there's no real malt presence, and it does taste a little like a few of the stillwater beers made with rice, there is something vaguely belgian about this, and so on, but if I hadn't read the label I would have just said this is a clean, well made beer with some non bitter american hop character and a belgian yeast esters that's not really an ipa. my inadequacies at interpreting the style guide aside this is a delicious, well made beer and this series continues to impress.

#2630 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,663 posts

Posted Yesterday, 09:31 AM

Three Floyds Molten Mirrors. Super strong sour peach flavor in a saison. Intense and went well with spicy Thai food j was eating.

I shipped a case of zombie dust and a twelve of yum yum and a couple of sixes. If anyone wants to come by in a week, I will be giving away some beers at Meks
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.