3093 replies to this topic

#3091 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:29 AM

jolly pumpkin oro de calabaza artisan golden ale oak aged sour michigan bier - bottled 1/31/18, 8% abv. this is one of their year round releases and I think it’s one of their older recipes as well as one of the first really bretty beers I had. it’s got the same brett and oak notes that most of their beers have, which means there’s a combination of lemon and green apple with a lot of oak in the background, and a dry finish that has a lot more funk in it than I usually like. most of jolly pumpkin’s beers have a pretty similar set of basic flavors, which I usually like a lot, but all the oak puts this is a little bit too close to a bad chardonnay for me. the brett flavor comes through well enough that this is still pretty enjoyable, and I’m sure I’d like it more if I hadn’t had the special version they made with anchorage that’s one of the best brett beers I can remember yadda yadda

eta: I think vinegar is often an unhelpful description of sour beer because it brings rotting wine to mind but I think it fits here.

#3092 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,488 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:54 PM

jolly pumpkin oro de calabaza artisan golden ale oak aged sour michigan bier - bottled 1/31/18, 8% abv. this is one of their year round releases and I think it’s one of their older recipes as well as one of the first really bretty beers I had. it’s got the same brett and oak notes that most of their beers have, which means there’s a combination of lemon and green apple with a lot of oak in the background, and a dry finish that has a lot more funk in it than I usually like. most of jolly pumpkin’s beers have a pretty similar set of basic flavors, which I usually like a lot, but all the oak puts this is a little bit too close to a bad chardonnay for me. the brett flavor comes through well enough that this is still pretty enjoyable, and I’m sure I’d like it more if I hadn’t had the special version they made with anchorage that’s one of the best brett beers I can remember yadda yadda

eta: I think vinegar is often an unhelpful description of sour beer because it brings rotting wine to mind but I think it fits here.

I have made salad dressing/ oil based emulsions with sour beer 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#3093 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,670 posts

Posted Yesterday, 03:33 PM

2 litres of Hacker Pschorr Helles...

Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot

#3094 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,236 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:29 PM

that’s not a festbier!