3196 replies to this topic

#3196 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,351 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 07:31 AM

omnipollo bianca peanut butter jelly lassi gose ale brewed with peanut butter, lactose sugar & strawberry raspberry jam - brewed at great south bay brewery in bay shore, 6% abv. this is another one they were selling at torst the other day, I’ve seen versions of it before but the first ones were made at crazy mountain when their beer was at its worst and there was also a crooked stave version iirc... this is a pleasant enough lacto sour. it’s opaque and the color of raspberries, and their jellied form is probably the dominant flavor. the peanut butter is hidden in the background, and there’s a pleasantly briney finish that actually tastes like a gose. I don’t think there’s as much variation in lacto the way there is with brett, but these tart notes seem really well done, maybe only because they seem so mild. this is a well done example of silly beer that’s not really my kind of silly beer.

#3197 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,351 posts

Posted Yesterday, 05:16 AM

other half x j. wakefield snowbirds imperial stout 1 year willet bourbon barrel aged with coconut, marcona almonds and cocoa nibs - 14.4% abv. I don’t really know what I think of this one. it’s a huge, rich beverage that tastes good to me, the way the bourbon and additives interact is really well done, the almonds cut off the hot finish and hide the booze a lot better than the way chilies work in similar stouts, the coconut is a really natural pairing with the bourbon, it really seems over the top in a way few beers do, it’s rich and complex, etc etc. my wife’s take was that’s delicious but why would you ever drink it? strongly recommended.