"...don't worry, be happy..."

#303 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,348 posts

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:56 AM

You make a dinner reservation (in Paris), and show up for dinner the night before the dinner reservation is made for.

Fortunately, had two (comfortable) seats in the walk-in area. Which was actually more fun than the dining room.

At 10 days away from home, my brain starts to falter.

#304 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,348 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 01:23 PM

I have cooked hard-boiled eggs in the Instant Pot. They come out fantastic, and peel easier than any other method.

However, yesterday when I made them, I forgot to put the gasket in the lid, turned the thing on, set the timer, and walked away. After a while, I'm thinking I haven't heard the thing beep so I go in to check on it. Fortunately, I got there just in time, as almost all the water had boiled away. The eggs ended up in the garbage.

#305 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,025 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 11:56 PM

You make a dinner reservation (in Paris), and show up for dinner the night before the dinner reservation is made for.

Fortunately, had two (comfortable) seats in the walk-in area. Which was actually more fun than the dining room.

At 10 days away from home, my brain starts to falter.

Oh yes, I have turned up at restaurants to find my reservation was same day but different week, but haven’t been turned away. I just clicked wrong, okay?

#306 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,329 posts

Posted 16 July 2019 - 05:18 PM

I dumped a bunch of stuff in the trunk of my car, including my and my mother's purses. Too bad we each had our car keys in our respective purses. At least my phone was in my pocket so I could contact CAA. And we had a bag of popcorn and my water bottle, so we could snack and quench our thirsts while waiting.