32 replies to this topic

#31 Sleepy_Dragon

Sleepy_Dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 06:58 AM

Our last Urban BBQ for the summer is this Sunday, August 22, featuring Busan, Korea:

Joule presents 3rd annual Urban BBQ 2010. We will serve a casual urban bbq fare around different themes on Sundays from June through August. Join us for a delectable world culinary tour this summer. You won’t have to travel far for this delicious experience, but we guarantee to send your taste buds to places they have never been.

Tickets for each Sunday are $18 for adults and $10 for kids. Tickets are good for your choice of hot dishes, and a “picnic table” filled with a selection of cold dishes, non-alcoholic drinks, and desserts, which changes weekly. Please visit Joule’s FaceBook page for the complete menu or follow JouleRestaurant on Twitter for updates. Walk in or call for reservation.

Menu for Busan, Korea

Short rib, smoky cucumber kimchi
Pork belly, grilled napa kimchi
Korean chili sausage, cabbage apple kimchi

Bibim rice salad, grilled summer vegetable
Jabche, shitake, chili
Acorn and mung bean jelly, sesame leaf
Seafood salad, sweet chili vinaigrette
Baguette, kimchi butter

Red bean white chocolate brownie

Kalbi kid's burger

Joule
1913 N. 45th Street
Seattle, WA, 98103

Thank you,
Pat

#32 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 06:58 PM

Joule is moving!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#33 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:33 PM

I went to the new location of Joule for the first time last week. The new space is fun - and quite different than The Whale Wins, which is saying something since they are in what's basically a duplex. Service was perfect. She was there when we needed her and out of the way when we were deep into catching up.

There were five of us so we were able to try a lot of dishes:

Shrimp cocktail, Chinese celery, ginger beer - Really good. The shrimp were sliced in half lengthwise which was nice.

White stuffed kimchi - This was quite bland. Not spicy at all, it just tasted like vinegar.

Smoked tofu, honshimeji confit, soy truffle vinaigrette - My favorite dish of the night. Even my friend who doesn't like "food that jiggles" loved it.

Duck pastrami fried rice, pickled currant, nam prik - This was quite good. Not the orgasmic dish I was expecting, but solid.

Chinese broccoli, walnut pesto - Another solid dish.

“that” short rib steak, kalbi, grilled kimchi - Both this and the NY strip dish were good. The problem is - they were indistinguishable from each other.

NY strip, pickled chanterelle, Szechuan peppercorn - See above.

King salmon, spicy corn chow chow, basil coconut cream - The salmon was overcooked but tasty.

Curried chocolate mousse, mango chutney, black rice puff - None of us really liked this. The mousse was really stiff and didn't have a strong curry or chocolate flavor.

Hazelnut cake, sweet red bean, fenugreek cream - This was a surprise hit. No one except me really liked red bean but they all loved the dessert.

Dinner, including cocktails, wine and coffee and a 20+% tip, was $76 per person.

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM