77 replies to this topic

#16 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 01 June 2008 - 06:39 PM

There's only one that is called just Union and it's on 1st and Union downtown. That's the one our Union thread is referring to. There are many restaurants with the word Union in their name: Union Square Grill, Union Bay Cafe, etc. It's very confusing.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#17 The Princess

The Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:28 AM

QUOTE(little ms foodie @ Jun 1 2008, 01:01 PM) View Post
Just took some out of towners to Lark/Licorous and as always it was fantastic! they have a few new bartenders that are doing a really good job. And the food is always so solid at a great price!

We will be in Europe for all but your last few days in town so will check back in later and see if we might be able to meet up for a drink/nosh with you!

Thanks!!! I will also email you my cell, so we can get in touch with each other.

#18 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 02 June 2008 - 12:48 AM

I'll be around so, if you want any company shoot me a PM.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#19 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:04 AM

QUOTE(rockdoggydog @ Jun 1 2008, 05:48 PM) View Post
I'll be around so, if you want any company shoot me a PM.

Rocky

ditto~ I'll be around then as well!
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#20 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 12:43 AM

Double ditto! I'll be around on the 22nd and 23rd.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#21 Eden

Eden

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 04:25 AM

tentative ditto smile.gif
A change of meat is often good, and those who are wearied of common food take new pleasure in a novel meal.
- Athenaeus

#22 The Princess

The Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 07:45 PM

cool!!!! I am so excited, so do any of you have a preference of restaurants? I think Rocky is leaning toward Union.

#23 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE(The Princess @ Jun 3 2008, 12:45 PM) View Post
cool!!!! I am so excited, so do any of you have a preference of restaurants? I think Rocky is leaning toward Union.

I love, and am always up for Union and if you were able to go on Sunday the 22nd, Keith would most likely be bartending which is always a good thing. Lark would also be a great choice, especially since it's better to go with a small group so that you can have a decent sampling of the dishes. Lark is closed on Mondays, and Union is open daily.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#24 peppyre

peppyre

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,227 posts

Posted 03 June 2008 - 08:31 PM

Princess, I haven't forgot about you. I'm putting together a list of suggestions for Vancouver. Expect a PM soon. smile.gif

#25 The Princess

The Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 05:10 PM

Ok, so may be say Union on Sunday and Lark on Tuesday. Anyone who wants to come with me at any one of those restaurants, let me know and I'll get a head count to make the res. Is that okay? SeaGal? Rocky?

#26 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:37 PM

I'm in for one or both.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#27 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 06:48 PM

Oooh, I'll be back and can do Lark on Tuesday!

edited to make it clear that I can only go to Lark on Tuesday. No Union for me sad.gif
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#28 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 07:13 PM

Yes, please count me, and possibly Gary in for Sunday at Union! Also, I'd be happy to take care of the reservation when we get a headcount.
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

#29 The Princess

The Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:13 PM

QUOTE(SeaGal @ Jun 4 2008, 03:13 PM) View Post
Yes, please count me, and possibly Gary in for Sunday at Union! Also, I'd be happy to take care of the reservation when we get a headcount.

Yay! You are my hero!

Okay so I got you and Gary and Rocky in for Union on Sunday, and Lauren and me and may be Rocky for Lark on Tuesday. Malarkey? Anyone else? The more the merrier!

#30 The Princess

The Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 04 June 2008 - 08:25 PM

Oh, and do let me know if you guys want me to bring anything from NYC.