Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,980 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE(rancho_gordo @ Jul 3 2008, 02:34 PM) View Post
Mine is on the way.
I went for the non-stylish white.

Remember, it needs to fart 8 times before the soda is ready.
sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#17 Melonious Thunk

Melonious Thunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 09:05 PM

So do I.
"Pippa, I'm going to tell you something and it's important. Sometimes you have to go to work."__Hannah Marie Konstadt, Two years, nine months.

'How high can you stoop?"__Oscar Levant.

#18 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 03 July 2008 - 11:42 PM

Okay, we're doing it. Where's the best price?
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#19 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE(omnivorette @ Jul 3 2008, 07:42 PM) View Post
Okay, we're doing it. Where's the best price?

I think you pretty much have to order it from the company. I did it online.

#20 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:24 AM

Okay, all set. I got the white one too. Ordered it from Amazon, ships from Soda Club. Same price. Just a bit easier to use one-click.

Thanks for the nudge, GG!
"It seems a positively Quixotic quest to defend food from being used as any kind of social signifier, as if it could avoid the fate of each other component of our everyday lives." -Wilfrid

#21 Melonious Thunk

Melonious Thunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:10 AM

GG, How often do you use up one of the cylinders? I'm getting two with my initial order. Wonder if I should order a couple of extras.
"Pippa, I'm going to tell you something and it's important. Sometimes you have to go to work."__Hannah Marie Konstadt, Two years, nine months.

#22 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:20 AM

QUOTE(Melonious Thunk @ Jul 3 2008, 11:10 PM) View Post
GG, How often do you use up one of the cylinders? I'm getting two with my initial order. Wonder if I should order a couple of extras.

No idea – I just got it yesterday. But I ordered the package with 3 cylinders.

#23 Melonious Thunk

Melonious Thunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:58 AM

Well I guess we'll all learn together. smile.gif

#24 cdh

cdh

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 July 2008 - 01:25 PM

Mass quantities of seltzer is a fantastic thing... my brewing hobby has me outfitted to carbonate and serve 5 gallons at a time, so I've dedicated a line from the kegs in the basement to the kitchen for just seltzer. Having running seltzer is pure luxury.

Oh, and by the way, I found something that may be of interest: http://soadahclub.vox.com/

#25 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:28 PM

So? Thunk, Omni...you got it? You like it?

#26 omnivorette

omnivorette

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 25,546 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 08:30 PM

It came last week, but delivered to the city and we were upstate, and tomorrow I'm headed to Colorado. I'll bring it upstate next week....so haven't tried it so far. However, I did have a glass of seltzer this morning at my cousin's house, and he has this machine. I asked for a heavily carbonated glass...and received one. Loved it. Looking forward to it.

Have you made any homemade fruit concentrates to mix with it?

#27 Melonious Thunk

Melonious Thunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:42 PM

Haven't got it yet. ???

#28 rancho_gordo

rancho_gordo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,704 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 12:21 AM

I haven't received mine either, making me believe this is some kind of elaborate scam by Mora to sucker us in.

"Gay people exist. There's nothing we can do in public policy that makes more of us exist, or less of us exist. And you guys have been arguing for a generation that public policy ought to essentially demean gay people as a way of expressing disapproval of the fact that we exist, but you don't make any less of us exist. You just are arguing in favor of more discrimination, and more discrimination doesn't make straight people's lives any better." -Rachel Maddow to Jim DeMint and Ralph Reed

#29 Melonious Thunk

Melonious Thunk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,685 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 02:43 AM

Discovered the box waiting for me downstairs. Will try it tomorrow.

#30 Behemoth

Behemoth

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,943 posts

Posted 15 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

These are popular in Germany. The only thing I don't like about them is the plastic bottles. If you haven't done so yet, check out the penguin system which uses nicer glass bottles and looks slightly spiffier. Of course, we haven't gotten around to getting one yet...we currently buy a local carbonated water in glass deposit bottles by the case for less than 50 cents per bottle. It's supposedly bottled by nuns who give the proceeds to charity or something.
Summarizing, then, we assume that relational information is not subject to a corpus of utterance tokens upon which conformity has been defined by the paired utterance test.
-Chomskybot