7 replies to this topic

#1 helena

helena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:26 AM

The last week winds broke a tree in our backyard: when i pulled out the pieces i started to think if i can make some garden installation of these, in a true spirit of times - Make 2.0 in action.

it might be something along these lines (as seen in Garden for Sculpture):

and this is quite nice, in fact my favorite in GfS, as an inspiration:

...Thinking of mixing in some other materials - have a wrought iron bed headboard - quite pretty - bronze, with some none-offensive leaves... or perhaps some

Please help me to brainstorm!

"farangs are full of surprises. It's the erudition that impresses her, not the quality of the evidence." Bangkok 8

#2 helena

helena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

just got carried away in my enthusiasm sad.gif
"farangs are full of surprises. It's the erudition that impresses her, not the quality of the evidence." Bangkok 8

#3 GalPalJoan

GalPalJoan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,324 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 04:32 AM

QUOTE(helena @ Feb 19 2009, 05:34 PM) View Post
just got carried away in my enthusiasm sad.gif

Helena, I think that's a stellar project. It's kind of hard to describe, but the one part of the tree that's still standing looks like it still has a couple of "arms" sticking out. Could you use some of that smaller stuff to weave an "umbrella" and prop it over the top of the standing piece? Add some details, of course, to make it look like something sort of human and you'd have a Singin' in the Rain sort of piece.
Thursday: This morning, I say to my wife and my girls, the waffles we face are real. They will not go away. Cornmeal waffles, buckwheat waffles, pumpkin waffles, chicken'n'waffles. The waffles we face are serious and manifold.

I have been remembering this man with some real vigor over the past couple of days. He was a miserable stinker, although now that he has gone on to his reward I can't say what I really thought of him. But if I'm any judge of these things, I'll bet he's hotter than Squeat Mungry. DebVanD

"Generosity, that was my first mistake. I leave these people a little bit extra and they hire these men to make trouble."

"They've got you wrong. You're not a coward. STUPID, maybe. But not a coward."

#4 Carolyn Tillie

Carolyn Tillie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,362 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 05:16 AM

I immediately thought of the work of Steve Tobin. You could have the piece bronzed!

Or consider the sorts of things that Andrew Goldsworthy does with fallen trees!

Let your enthusiasm carry you away -- I think you could come up with something really cool!

#5 helena

helena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:00 PM

Thanks Caroyn, great suggestions - and i completely forgot to check Andrew Goldsworthy - love his works.

In the meantime yesterday i found this artist - Alastair Heseltine. is stuff is amazing!

#6 helena

helena

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,765 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 02:16 PM

Carolyn, you're a real treasure - i poked around a little bit more and found out that there is an upcoming open studio of Steve Tobin - and he is actually located in Bucks County, PA -our favorite place motorcycle rides!

#7 Deb Van D

Deb Van D

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:23 PM

QUOTE(helena @ Feb 19 2009, 07:26 PM) View Post
and this is quite nice, in fact my favorite in GfS, as an inspiration:

...Thinking of mixing in some other materials - have a wrought iron bed headboard - quite pretty - bronze, with some none-offensive leaves... or perhaps some

Please help me to brainstorm!

It's funny, I remember you saying once that every time you go to GfS you see something new. I've been a dozen times, but I swear I have never seen this. It's really wonderful.

Using salt and pepper is a good, inexpensive way to put flavor in your food. Sandra Lee

#8 Lippy

Lippy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,949 posts

Posted 27 February 2009 - 03:48 PM

I didn't have a wedding photographer when I got married, just a couple of semi-pros taking slides. I now have a slide scanner, and with Shutterfly, I'm in the process of making a wedding album, thirty-two years after the big event!