38 replies to this topic

#1 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 05 April 2009 - 11:27 PM

oh this sun has given me spring fever!! What are your favorite places for lunch or dinner outside?

I like the patio at Pink Door in the market, the patio at Serafina for brunch/lunch or dinner and finding a bench around Skillet for lunch! Share you favorites!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#2 christy

christy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:31 AM

The Pink Door. Ponti (you can have happy hour on their deck). The 35th St Bistro. Sambar!

I just wish there were more. It's so hard to get an outdoor table anywhere on a nice day.

#3 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 06 April 2009 - 12:45 AM

Sambar, Eastlake Grill - great deck fairly bad everything else, Union, Le Pichet, Presse, Zig Zag, going to Salumi then going over to the UPS waterfall park, Boat St, and now Paseo then going down to Golden Gardens.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#4 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:03 PM

I had lunch at Palasades and surprisingly it was very good and the deck and view were beautiful!

Ocho has outdoor now and La Carta is getting it too.
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#5 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 29 April 2009 - 09:41 PM

Copacabana
McCormick and Schmick's Harborside (see Eastlake Bar and Grill above)
Ray's Cafe
Duke's at Greenlake
Artemis when it opens back up

We'll have to check out Thoa's. The deck there is so nice but the restaurants have been so bad.

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#6 SeaGal

SeaGal

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,066 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 12:13 AM

Chinook's has a nice patio and good oysters and also for oysters and drinks only, there's Elliot's.
Paseo over by Shilshole - they have a couple of benches, or even better, you can take a delicious pork or shrimp sammie over to the beach.
Maple Leaf Grill has a nice little deck out back.
BalMar
King's Hardware
Agua Verde
Tacos Guyamas at Greenlake
Jan
Seattle, WA USA

"But there's tacos, Randy. You know how I feel about tacos. It's the only food shaped like a smile....A beef smile."
--Earl (Jason Lee), from "My Name is Earl", Episode: South of the Border Part Uno, Season 2

#7 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:08 AM

oh yeah. when it comes to fabulous decks on sunny days, the food usually takes a back seat.

Anyone remember that resto at the north end of Lake Union? It's now a catering space, and has been for quite a few years. Fantastic deck on that place ~ I have really fond memories of summer afternoons spent there drinking & eating. Right down on the water and an incredible view of downtown.

You have to have Ray's on that list. Even though the food tastes pretty corporate these days, that deck (and the one at Anthony's) are unequaled on a sunny, warm day.

I always loved the tiny outdoor area at Lush Life (Marjorie's) so cozy & romantic. Hey, has anyone been to Txori since they finished their little outdoor area?

Pink Door, absolutely. I also remember liking the deck at lunch time at Il Terrazzo Carmine. I'll think of more later cool.gif
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#8 tsquare

tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 02:13 AM

Tutta Bella, Columbia City has sidewalk seating as does Lottie's. Verve has a few tables on the improved alley. Up North, Lunchbox Lab has that big picnic area, Carmelita has the sweet back deck. Joe's across from the Harvard Exit has tables outside.
And to the south, Smarty Pants is mostly outdoors, under the jet path. Pig Iron BBQ has some outside area.

I don't much like eating outside - I'm the one the yellow jackets hover.

#9 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 07:58 PM

QUOTE(malarkey @ Apr 30 2009, 05:08 PM) View Post
Anyone remember that resto at the north end of Lake Union? It's now a catering space, and has been for quite a few years. Fantastic deck on that place ~ I have really fond memories of summer afternoons spent there drinking & eating. Right down on the water and an incredible view of downtown.

It used to be The Meridian and then was a Brazilian place for a short while.

I also used to love sitting outside at Hiram's. I wish that place was still there.

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#10 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 08:50 PM

QUOTE(tsquare @ Apr 30 2009, 07:13 PM) View Post
Pig Iron BBQ has some outside area.

Slim's, next door, has a large fenced-in patio with picnic tables.

My fav Burien spot, 909 Coffee & Wine, built a great deck off the back of the restaurant. No real view to speak of, but pleasant. The Tin Room, a couple doors down, has a nice deck too. For a view, hard to beat the deck at Anthony's in Des Moines.

It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#11 christy

christy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 04:41 AM

We'll have to check out Thoa's. The deck there is so nice but the restaurants have been so bad.

It looks like the deck now belongs to the residential spaces. You can't dine on it, anyway. I had a very nice lunch there recently though the next time I went the lettuce in the summer rolls had black edges.

Oh, I forgot Elliot's, and you can have happy hour there (unlike Ray's).

Joe's across from the Harvard Exit has tables outside.

I love those sidewalk tables. The building is so pretty and there are leafy trees.

#12 tsquare

tsquare

In Memoriam

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,452 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:55 PM

QUOTE(Lauren @ May 1 2009, 12:58 PM) View Post

I also used to love sitting outside at Hiram's. I wish that place was still there.

There was another place right on the water that she may be talking about. I went to a reception there. Meridian was across the street in that almost mall, no? Lowell/Hunt may even have had the other space for a bit. I'm just not coming up with the resto name(s). It might have been a pier building/warehouse with uneven floors and lots of wind.

Which reminds me, Waterfront has pier deck seating.

#13 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE(tsquare @ May 2 2009, 08:55 AM) View Post
QUOTE(Lauren @ May 1 2009, 12:58 PM) View Post

There was another place right on the water that she may be talking about. I went to a reception there. Meridian was across the street in that almost mall, no? Lowell/Hunt may even have had the other space for a bit. I'm just not coming up with the resto name(s). It might have been a pier building/warehouse with uneven floors and lots of wind.

Which reminds me, Waterfront has pier deck seating.

You're absolutely right. Meridian was above the lake. What was the name of the one on the lake before it became the Brazilian place? Was it called The Lakeside? Argh.

#14 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE(Lauren @ May 2 2009, 01:22 PM) View Post
You're absolutely right. Meridian was above the lake. What was the name of the one on the lake before it became the Brazilian place? Was it called The Lakeside? Argh.

AHHHH! That's it!! The place down on the water used to be the Lakeside. The place your thinking of (If I'm thinking of the same place) used to be, many moons ago, Arnie's Northshore.

Tighe, also southend: Salty's at Redondo.

eta: oh hey, I thought of another one. Canal Street Coffee in Fremont, outside seating, lovely spot. Sit & watch the boats go by.
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#15 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 06 May 2009 - 08:30 PM

QUOTE(malarkey @ May 6 2009, 12:25 PM) View Post
Tighe, also southend: Salty's at Redondo.

Homey don't do Salty's.... ninja.gif

It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner