429 replies to this topic

#421 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:03 AM

I have a friend who wants to eat really cheap asian food in las vegas. does that exist? raku is too much. hes looking for something like ny noodletown I guess.

eta: its great ny noodletown of course.

#422 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 02:41 AM

I am not familiar with NY Noodle Town. If you can give me better parameters, I can help. We have a decent sized China/Korea town where he can just room the shopping plazas and find good food if he'd prefer. Most of the restaurants are much cheaper than you would find in NYC. Raku, Kabuto, Kabuto Sweets and Yui are outliers when it comes to price in the neighborhood.

#423 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,272 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 11:23 AM

NY Noodletown (or Great NY Noodletown, as they like to be called) specializes in roasted meats (suckling pig at lunch, roast pig, roast pork, duck, chicken, you get the gist) and, well, noodles - mostly in the form of noodle soups with or without wontons, and often with an addition of one of the above mentioned roasted products.

It's open late, it's rather a dump, some of the stuff is very good for what it is, and it's inexpensive, especially for NYC.  

They even have a "website," which proudly lists their letter grade, awarded after inspection by the NYC Dept. of Health.

#424 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:14 PM

hes just looking to spend as little as possible and loves chinese food.

#425 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,419 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 01:34 PM

Chengdu Taste, Yunan Garden are two of my favorite spicy places... Great NY Noodletown is Cantonese so you have SK Seafood..  Asian BBQ and Noodles is going to have that roast pork and duck, chinese bbq type place..   I like Mian Sichuan Noodles a lot too for soups and noodle dishes..  Dong Ting spring has a nice fish head dish..  They are Hunan as well.  Magic Noodle is good too. 

I have Hunan Restaurant Bookmarked also... 

Then you have a whole host of Vietnamese, Korean and Japanese Izakaya places over there.. And I like places like Hot N Juicy Crawfish and the Boiling Crab. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#426 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 03:57 PM

Ping, Pang, Pong; Magic Noodle; Big Wong; Liang's; Chubby Cattle; Wendy's Noodle Cafe; Joyful House; District One.

Seriously, most of the shopping plazas/ strip malls in Chinatown are stuffed with restaurants. If they are the adventurous sort, just tell them to head for W. Spring Mountain Rd. and explore.

#427 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,183 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

thats what Ill have him do. hell go to raku if he manages not to loose his shirt playing cards.

#428 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,060 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 05:35 PM

If he does think he might want to go to Raku, he will need a reservation. Walking in is tough. He could try. And if he fails, Big Wong, Monta Ramen, Kabuto, Raku Sweets, Nakamura-Ya, Curry Zen & Snowflake Shavery are all in that center.

#429 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,419 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 06:27 PM

wei wei massage is the best too.. i think it's like 50 bucks for 90 minutes.. 

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#430 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,097 posts

Posted 14 August 2018 - 08:43 PM

wei wei massage is the best too.. i think it's like 50 bucks for 90 minutes.. 

There are so many things to say, but so little room. :ph43r:  :wub: