#1 LML

LML

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:34 AM

I had a dream last night ...

That London florist shops had branched out into the adult 'toy' market. I was in one attached to Smithfield market and the friendly sales-assistant showed me a bouquet constructed of red roses, gypsophila and a speculum.
A dress is neither a tragedy nor a painting it is a charming and ephemeral creation, not an everlasting work of art. Fashion should die and die quickly in order that commerce may survive.

Food or frock?

#2 Miguel Gierbolini

Miguel Gierbolini

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,032 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:15 PM

Did you buy it?
"I mispoke."

#3 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,311 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:21 PM

Did you buy it?

If so, who'd you present it to?

Then that happened.

#4 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,311 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 01:28 PM

Poets agonize, they cannot find the words
And the stone stares at the sculptor asks are you absurd?
The painter paints his brushes back
Through the canvas runs a crack
Portrait of the pain never answers back
But nobody's buying flowers from the flower lady

Then that happened.

#5 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,729 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 02:38 PM

It could have been an Ophrys speculum

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#6 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 07:20 PM

That London florist shops had branched out into the adult 'toy' market. I was in one attached to Smithfield market and the friendly sales-assistant showed me a bouquet constructed of red roses, gypsophila and a speculum.

That favorite person on the side is pregnant and you don't know quite what to do? (I thought I'd just state the obvious)

When I was a student in London I got it into my head to go Smithfield after a party. It was a wonderful sight: all the butchers and buyers were strutting around the place in white coats under bright lights in a huge space that looked like an OR.

Dream from last night: My life had been put on a management time-sheet calendar with layers with differing colors for personal, work, etc things and time was fucking running out. There was a bit of humor because the sketch looked like a sandwich and I thought, well, I could eat this.
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#7 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,311 posts

Posted 10 October 2004 - 10:30 PM

There was a bit of humor because the sketch looked like a sandwich and I thought, well, I could eat this.

Went to bed hungry, did you?

Then that happened.

#8 Liza

Liza

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,590 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 12:37 AM

Mebbe it's just me, but fun and speculums don't really go together.
“And another thing. You don't have to "move on" either. Not until you're ready. People say, Oh, you should be grateful. They say, Oh, it's time for you to move on. I'm like, What are you, a cop with a nightstick? I'll move on when I'm done playing the blues on my harmonica, thank you very much.

Really, people will tell you all kinds of garbage. Don't believe it.

You don't have to move on until you're ready.”

#9 Rose

Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:29 AM

Unless you're a dead ringer :D
curb your god

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. (Voltaire)

One is often told that it is very wrong to attack religion because religion makes men virtuous. So I am told; I have not noticed it. (Bertrand Russell)

Believing there is no god gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O, and all things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have. (Penn Jillette)

CERES GALLERY

#10 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,311 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:56 AM

Is this an argument for necrophilia?

Then that happened.

#11 ranitidine

ranitidine

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,727 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:12 AM

No, just something that needs to be ironed out.
"Say not the struggle nought availeth...."
Arthur Hugh Clough, 1819-1861

Arise ye prisoners of starvation
Arise ye wretched of the earth

#12 Rose

Rose

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,625 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:14 AM

Is this an argument for necrophilia?

No. Just cinephilia.
curb your god

If we believe absurdities, we shall commit atrocities. (Voltaire)

One is often told that it is very wrong to attack religion because religion makes men virtuous. So I am told; I have not noticed it. (Bertrand Russell)

Believing there is no god gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-O, and all things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have. (Penn Jillette)

CERES GALLERY

#13 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,729 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 03:17 AM

I hardly ever remember my dreams, and when I do they suck. The other day I woke up with a strong image of a keychain dangling off a key that was stuck in a keyhole in an infinite blue surface.

Of course, I still looked for my keys everywhere, before finding that I've left them in the keyhole outside the door the night before.

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#14 Leslie

Leslie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,819 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 05:40 AM

I agree with Liza. Speculums are an adult toy? Who knew?

And for gods sake, I hope they are metal, not plastic.

#15 GG Mora

GG Mora

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,241 posts

Posted 11 October 2004 - 01:16 PM

I had the dreaded "Overloaded Waitress" dream last night. For the record, I haven't waited on tables in nearly 20 years.

Two-room dining room in a high-end restaurant, three waitresses on for evening shift. It's my first night back at waitressing in years. The other two waitresses have clearly defined stations, as mapped out on a diagram at the hostess' podium. My job is to pick up the slack in between, but I'm not allowed to see the diagram, so I have no idea which tables to cover, and no one will give me a hint. The dining room fills quickly; snippy patrons are snapping their fingers at me. I decide to focus on the one table that I know to be my responsibility. A smartly-dressed couple are seated at a round four-top. They already have drinks, but no menus. When I return with menus, another couple has been seated with them. I go to get more menus. I return to find ANOTHER couple seated with them. This goes on until the table has 5 couples crammed around it. One of them – a large, elegantly dressed black woman – orders a Maker's Mark on the rocks. Now patrons at several tables around the dining room are glaring at me, muttering complaints, threatening to leave. When I get to the bar, the bartender tells me he's out of Maker's Mark.

So far this is, I believe, an entirely typical rendering of the "Overloaded Waitress" dream. What happens next is not. I decide to go into the kitchen to try and gather my wits. When I get into the kitchen, I become keenly aware that this is nothing more than a dream. I realize that if I simply waste some time in the kitchen, either I will wake up or the dream will morph into something new, and the dining room with all its demands will disappear. As it happens, the dream morphs into something new, but not anything I would discuss in public / with strangers.