20 replies to this topic

#1 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 22 August 2009 - 05:38 PM

Ok I'm officially a little bit in love with Tilikum Place Cafe. After having a stellar breakfast there last week we went again last night for dinner with friends. It was pretty full at 7:30 when we arrived for our reservation and as with breakfast they had to inform us that they were down to one order of a certain dish.

We started with the cocktail special of the night- a vodka, blueberry puree, sparkling drink that unfortunately wasn't very balanced or delicious but what can you do?

Starters were dates stuffed with point reyes blue and wrapped with ham sprinkled with saffron; a wedge of watermelon grilled and topped with feta and greens and drizzled with balsamic and house cured salmon with pickled shallots and huckleberries (the salmon portion was a bit small but very tasty)

I had the house made linguine with clams, delicious. Dayne had the pork tenderloin which was served in a cazule (sp) with clams, another friend had the quail and the other had ratatouile on crispy crepes.

a few split desserts and 2 bottles of nice Felsina Chianti and our total was $130 per couple with tip.

I really like the space a lot and find it a perfect little bistro without being all french.
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#2 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 24 August 2009 - 06:12 AM

I have a total man-crush on TPC right now. After the brunch that I posted about, Pat and I had dinner there a couple weeks back and loved it. I started with marinated anchovies with beet caviar and pickeled shallots and Pat had ? . I was disappointed they were already out of the roast leg of lamb with artichoke confit sad.gif , but the seared scallops with chorizo, corn salsa and heirloom tomato while Pat had the roasted chicken with green beans. Dessert was a surprisingly excellent trifle with fresh berries. In everything I tasted, I was struck by the precise balance of flavors.

Like LMF, I really like the space and the location. We sat at the bar and the bartender had recently joined the restaurant after being sommelier at Cafe Campagne for a number of years.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#3 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 05 September 2009 - 05:44 PM

a few of us had lunch here the other day and again my food was great. The lunch menu and the breakfast/brunch menu are pretty much the same so you can go sweet or savory depending on how long you've been awake cool.gif

I had the dutch baby with shredded duck and craisens. yum.

I also had a bite (or 2) of Jan's summer squash soup which was delicious and I'm still thinking about it!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#4 Sleepy_Dragon

Sleepy_Dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:06 PM

Indeed, the lunch and brunch menus are mostly the same, with brunch having a few more breakfast-like options, as well as any specials on the chalkboard we're inspired to do. cool.gif

I cook there during the daytime most days, feel free to come by and say hi.

Pat

#5 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE(Sleepy_Dragon @ Oct 5 2009, 12:06 PM) View Post
Indeed, the lunch and brunch menus are mostly the same, with brunch having a few more breakfast-like options, as well as any specials on the chalkboard we're inspired to do. cool.gif

I cook there during the daytime most days, feel free to come by and say hi.

Pat

Yay Pat! I need to get back there. Paul hasn't been and he's tired of me rubbing that in by mere mentioning the place!

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#6 Sleepy_Dragon

Sleepy_Dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 October 2009 - 08:43 PM

QUOTE(Lauren @ Oct 5 2009, 12:46 PM) View Post
Yay Pat! I need to get back there. Paul hasn't been and he's tired of me rubbing that in by mere mentioning the place!

smile.gif Yeah, we're flying under the radar in our weird location, so it's easy to forget about us. But do bring Paul. Dinner is nice too!

Pat

#7 Sleepy_Dragon

Sleepy_Dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 27 October 2009 - 06:57 AM

We're celebrating our one year anniversary this Thursday, October 29. It's an open house affair with free food, so please drop in for some merry-making!

Pat

Edit to add: it begins at 7pm.

#8 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 30 October 2009 - 04:44 PM

Fun time at TPC's anniversary party last night. The pate and the squash tarte were exceptional. Already looking forward to my next meal there!

#9 Sleepy_Dragon

Sleepy_Dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 February 2010 - 01:11 AM

Hey all:

Should anyone be interested, we have a few spots left for our 8 course wine dinner this Tuesday Feb. 23, celebrating WA state farms. Here's the info below:

Join us at Tilikum Place Cafe at 6:30 on Tuesday February 23rd in celebrating the farms of Washington State. We will be presenting an eight course meal featuring dishes prepared from local produce, featuring Sea Breeze farm, Denotta Oyster farm, as well as Full Circle and Oxbow farms.

There will be an optional wine flight featuring fabulous local wines and some of our favorite international producers.

The cost is $75.00 per person, wine flight is additional. Space is limited to 35 people.

Please call us at 206-282-4830 for more information.

The menu:

DeNotta Family Oysters
-pomello granite-

Watercress Salad with Salame and Ricotta Salata
-red anjou pear and champagne vinegarette-

Confit of Pork Raviolo
-meyer lemon marscapone, pickled radish-

Smoked Hamhock and Cannellini Bean Ragout
-lamb merguez sausage, mustard greens-

Blood Orange Sorbet

Seared Dry Aged Top Round of Beef
-garlic confit, celeriac puree and demi-glace-

Sea Breeze Farmer Cheese
-Heavenly Honey Farm honeycomb-

Chocolate Hazelnut Pate
-spiced huckleberry syrup-

Limited seating
Please call for reservations

Tilikum Place Cafe
407 Cedar St
(at 4th Ave)
Seattle, WA 98121

Thank you,
Pat, TPC workerbee

#10 OrleansAg

OrleansAg

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 11 March 2010 - 09:53 PM

We went this last Saturday and for what it's worth, we really enjoyed it. The flank steak was great and the service was awesome. Our server found the right balance of fun and witty. My wife had the whole trout, nicely done. Would definitely recommend this place!

#11 Sleepy_Dragon

Sleepy_Dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 08:00 PM

Planning for our next wine dinner is under way. It'll be on Tuesday, April 20, and here are the details and menu:

Thank you,
Pat, TPC worker bee

#12 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 09:15 PM

'Worker bee'? Shouldn't that be 'woman behind the curtain'? wink.gif

#13 little ms foodie

little ms foodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:30 PM

introduced Abra and Shel to TPC today for lunch, everything was awesome! My grilled cheese sandwich paired with tomato alphabet soup was a big thumbs up!!!

Great to see Pat also!
Wendy.....Seattle, WA

Luggage Tag

#14 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE(Sleepy_Dragon @ Mar 30 2010, 04:00 PM) View Post
Planning for our next wine dinner is under way. It'll be on Tuesday, April 20, and here are the details and menu:

Thank you,
Pat, TPC worker bee

That looks like a wonderful menu.

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#15 Sleepy_Dragon

Sleepy_Dragon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE(little ms foodie @ Apr 15 2010, 03:30 PM) View Post
introduced Abra and Shel to TPC today for lunch, everything was awesome! My grilled cheese sandwich paired with tomato alphabet soup was a big thumbs up!!!

Great to see Pat also!

A pleasure to see you as well, Wendy. It's been way too long. Even crazier that it's the first time I've met Abra in person, after all these years of food boards!

The grilled cheese special was something we kept getting requests for, via spawn of customers in attendance, us being on the tourist track and all. We figured ok, it keeps coming up, so let's just make a really nice version.

Turns out the adults order it the most by far! Especially on rainy rays.

Pat