7 replies to this topic

#1 The Princess

The Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 14 January 2010 - 09:12 PM

I heard a lot about good places in Vermont, but my research seemed to turned up only a few places. I am planning a snowboarding trip on Stratton in two weeks and need some recommendation for good eats. Welcome all suggestions.

#2 coughy

coughy

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 16 January 2010 - 04:06 PM

Our favorite places in that area are Mistrals at Toll Gate and Chanticleer in Manchester.

#3 The Princess

The Princess

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 03:25 AM

I also heard god thing about Chantcleer. This may be a good bet as the BF is on call friday night so he will need a relatively quiet place.

#4 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,345 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 08:48 PM

Depot 62 in Manchester VT got a shot out from Christopher Kimball. He loved the hummus pizza.

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”
Niccolò Machiavelli

#5 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,095 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:29 PM

You can see why Bernie wants to get out of there.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#6 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,373 posts

Posted 28 May 2016 - 06:26 PM

Hey, hey, this is where American Flatbread started. Theirs is the only frozen pizza I would ever consider buying.

[B]ragging rights are a side effect of hype. -- Sneakeater, 4 January 2017 - 02:21 PM

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#7 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,345 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:54 AM

Depot 62 in Manchester VT got a shot out from Christopher Kimball. He loved the hummus pizza.

He mentioned Depot 62 again, this time for a lamb and mushroom pizza.  Depot 62 and Depot Cafe & Bistro appear to be the same place, even their website uses both terms.

Manchester Designer Outlets, 515 Depot St, Manchester Center, VT 05255

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”
Niccolò Machiavelli

#8 taion

taion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 20 December 2016 - 02:56 AM

SoLo Farm & Table for Londonderry, right? :P

I didn't tip at Per Se either.