MF Old

#47 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,039 posts

Posted 23 May 2017 - 01:07 PM

We went last night.. Small menu, had a few drinks and shots.. We had a crunchy pig ear salad with peas, a creamy caesar type dressing made with hot sauce and these delicious croutons.  We had duck wings and an off menu item of fried onion rings.. Off menu I guess as Miss A spotted them being brought out and they were apart of a main dish. .The kitchen was sweet enough to charge us for a side and allow us to have them.. 

We enjoyed the two salads we had..  The croutons on the salad were among the best breadcrumbs I have ever had.. I think these were grilled as well..   The Onions Rings should be on the menu always and forever.. They were pickled and then smoked I think and the breading was so delicious. Seriously, some of the best onion rings I have ever had..  The place was not too crowded.. Service was post hipster punk girls who were friendly.

I think our bar was 60 and the food was 40..   

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#48 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,274 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:22 PM

A friend tells me this place has closed. Is that true? Their website is still live.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#49 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,603 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:31 PM

A friend tells me this place has closed. Is that true? Their website is still live.

The most recent Yelp review is from yesterday.  There was another 11/5.

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#50 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,274 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:38 PM

This is weird. My friend is appearing in a play right around the corner. You'd think she'd know.

But, I mean, this place couldn't possibly have closed without any notice in the food media, could it? Everybody loves Quino.
Bar Loser

MF Old

#51 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 82,903 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:58 AM

I forgot about it. Had some fun meals, then it became too much of a hassle to get in on the spur of the moment (and it is/was not a plan ahead place).

Stirrings Still at the Pig: Boston and Made Nice

At the Sign of the Pink Pig

#52 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,274 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:59 AM

That has ceased being a problem.
Bar Loser

MF Old