Want. What?

#138 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62,139 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

Everything pictured from your trip that I now realize was two fucking years ago.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#139 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62,139 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:13 PM

(I'm sure I want everything you're having this year, too.)

Bar Loser

MF Old

#140 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 29 November 2018 - 06:57 PM

Everything pictured from your trip that I now realize was two fucking years ago.

(I'm sure I want everything you're having this year, too.)

Now this is funny!  Food this year has been very good, albeit a little too heavy on the creamy emulsions, which is such a thing here, isn't it?

Last night I actually had plain, grilled lamb chops, much like they do in Rome - scottadito - and they were perhaps the favorite meal of mine so far - and the fried potatoes that came with were great too.

#141 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,577 posts

Posted 30 November 2018 - 05:09 AM

One of the more special highlights of this trip has been the travel portion.

Seems like the Iberia/Air Nostrum pilots decided that a strike was/is necessary, and on the date of our arrival, 3 of the 4 flights from Madrid to San Sebastian were cancelled; our's was the only one which made the trip.

On the day of our departure (today), 3 of the 4 flights from San Sebastian to Madrid have been cancelled; our's is the only one making the trip. 

The rules appear a bit arcane to this reader:

Due to the announced strike called by the pilots union SEPLA, we are forced to cancel the following flights on Friday the 30th November.

The mínimum Service agreement stipulates that 100% of flights with origin Balearic Islands, Canary Islands and Melilla, the flights of obligated public service within the peninsula (Almería-Sevilla, Badajoz-Madrid y Badajoz-Barcelona), 28% of flights between Spanish cities where there an alternative within 5 hours and 42% of those that are superior to 5 hours must be operated.