6 replies to this topic

#1 Really Nice!

Really Nice!

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,052 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 12:26 PM

But then it has always been available online here.

----

YOUNTVILLE, Calif. (KGO) -- French laundry is on Michelin's List and in addition to its star status, it is also behind an upcoming trend in restaurants -- iPads and wine lists.

The famed Thomas Keller eatery is taking its extensive wine list to iPads by the end of the year. Food bloggers say since the restaurant serves as a barometer of fine-dining, it is safe to say the iPad wine list has officially come of age.

San Francisco-based Barbacco also offers iPad lists, but they still have them printed on paper as well.

#2 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,569 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 02:12 PM

I don't get it. Does that mean that they're going to hand me an iPad when I ask for the wine list? Or that I can download the list as an iPad app instead of going through the trouble of clicking on "wine list" on the French Laundry website.

Either way, that's really nice!

A Hudson Valley Home.  Kichels --  A Recipe from the Old Country.

Just take those old records off the shelf.

#3 GordonCooks

GordonCooks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 28 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

I don't get it. Does that mean that they're going to hand me an iPad when I ask for the wine list? Or that I can download the list as an iPad app instead of going through the trouble of clicking on "wine list" on the French Laundry website.

Either way, that's really nice!

Considering their mark-ups, any Grand Cru burgundy, Vintage Champagne, or Cult cab comes with an iPad.
Jazz is musical improvisation; it is the art of the moment. In the recording of jazz, the inspiration and inventiveness of this moment is made permanent by technology, giving pleasure many years after the performance.

Photography is jazz for the eye. - William Claxton

#4 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 29 October 2010 - 05:17 PM

When we were at Monvinic in Barcelona in June - they presented their wine list on an iPad-like device. You could sort their list based on geography, flavor profile, vintage, etc. Once you selected a wine, you could drill down to find out more information about it. Including pictures of the winemaker! It was pretty cool!
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#5 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 10,684 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 11:21 AM

Speaking of wine at the French Laundry:

FRENCH LAUNDRY FAILED SABER ATTEMPT SHOWS HOW NOT TO OPEN A $2K NEBUCHADNEZZAR

#6 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,125 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:39 PM

Hubris is the first word that comes to mind.   

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#7 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,369 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:51 PM

That could be the most stupid man on the face of the earth - he should run for public office. Would be unbeatable.