• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 ThisIsPizza

ThisIsPizza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 10:27 PM

Calling out to Seattle pizza fanatics: where do you get your favorite pizza in Seattle?

Travel & Leisure Magazine recently released a joke of a list placing Seattle well below such cities as Anchorage, Alaska; Portland, Maine; and San Juan, Puerto Rico (!!!) on their Best Cities for Pizza list. So show some hometown pride and let me know about your favorite Seattle pizzas. My favorite's from Delancey. Where's yours?
This Is Pizza - Pizza Reviews for the Pacific Northwest...and Beyond!

#2 not-the-bad-Steve

not-the-bad-Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:48 PM

thick:
Kylie's
Delfino's
Bambino's sicilian (no longer on the menu last time I checked, but they'll still make it)
All-Purpose
Wallingford Pizza House
Pizza Place in North Bend

thin:
Serious Pie
Delancey--but crust too charred on last visit
Phonenecia
Zayda Buddy's
Il Fornaio (downstairs)

interested in trying:
Big Mario's
Fatty's Corner

#3 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

I mentioned Filiberto's in Burien as my fav in the Neapolitan style. I also like Pulcinella in Rainier Beach.

My overall favorite pizza right now is at Proletariat in White Center. More of a New York style.
It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#4 ThisIsPizza

ThisIsPizza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:33 PM

Wow, tons of places I haven't tried yet! Thanks for the recs, guys. Keep 'em coming!

#5 not-the-bad-Steve

not-the-bad-Steve

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 09:24 PM

Was reminded of 2 more thin ones I like by eating them this weekend:

Cafe Lago
mobile Verace

I'd put them both about 2/3 of the way down my thin list.

thick:
Kylie's
Delfino's
Bambino's sicilian (no longer on the menu last time I checked, but they'll still make it)
All-Purpose
Wallingford Pizza House
Pizza Place in North Bend

thin:
Serious Pie
Delancey--but crust too charred on last visit
Phonenecia
Zayda Buddy's
Il Fornaio (downstairs)

interested in trying:
Big Mario's
Fatty's Corner

#6 ThisIsPizza

ThisIsPizza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 10:41 PM

Thanks, NTBS.

Anyone tried Brooklyn Bros. up in Everett?

#7 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

A New York Pizza Place is ok. Have you tried Fiamma Pizza in Bellingham?

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#8 ThisIsPizza

ThisIsPizza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:01 AM

Rocky

Definitely want to try ANYPP soon. I saw that they were "tied" with Topolino's in Seattle Magazine's pizza roundup. I have eaten at Topolino's, and I could barely comprehend how something so mediocre could warrant comparison to anything considered good, so I'm hoping ANYPP turns out to be much better. Incidentally, Giannoni's in West Seattle is totally decent NY-style pizza, way better than Topolino's and very comparable to the slices I've eaten in NYC. Just stick with the cheese slice or the Margherita and you'll be fine.

I have also eaten at Fiamma in B-ham, but it's been years, so I need to return. I do remember really enjoying it, though.

Thanks!

#9 rockdoggydog

rockdoggydog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,139 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 07:08 AM

Rocky

Definitely want to try ANYPP soon. I saw that they were "tied" with Topolino's in Seattle Magazine's pizza roundup. I have eaten at Topolino's, and I could barely comprehend how something so mediocre could warrant comparison to anything considered good, so I'm hoping ANYPP turns out to be much better. Incidentally, Giannoni's in West Seattle is totally decent NY-style pizza, way better than Topolino's and very comparable to the slices I've eaten in NYC. Just stick with the cheese slice or the Margherita and you'll be fine.

I have also eaten at Fiamma in B-ham, but it's been years, so I need to return. I do remember really enjoying it, though.

Thanks!

It's ok. I'm really looking forward to going back to Brooklyn for a slices of pie in a month and a half.

Rocky
You are my Solberg, my Petter Solberg, you make me happy when skies are gray, through ice and gravel, flat out you travel, please keep (insert foe here) away .... Song of the Petter Solberg Fan Club

Dum vivimus, vivamus.
NW Vivant

#10 ThisIsPizza

ThisIsPizza

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts

Posted 22 November 2010 - 08:09 AM

I'm really looking forward to going back to Brooklyn for a slices of pie in a month and a half.

Rocky

You been to Di Fara? If not, you must get yourself there for the plain slice.

#11 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 05:31 AM

Went to the new Serious Pie location in SLU tonight. Meh. I hope they are just having first week jitters, maybe haven't figure out the new oven and such, this was unremarkable pizza at best. Toppings were great, especially the brussel sprout, pancetta and carmelized onion pie. Crust had no flavor, no salt, no yeastiness and a texture that reminded me of a marshmallow. Someone please tell me this isn't the pizza so many are swooning over. Or maybe, as I've suspected for some time, my pizza tastes are just out of step with about 95% of the pizza eating public.

#12 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Had lunch at The Masonry in Lower QA yesterday.  Great pizza and among the best I've had in the wood fired/Neapolitan style, with that elusive crispness across the bottom crust that I covet, yet rarely find.  We tried all three pizzas on the menu: mushroom and pancetta, sausage and shallots, margherita (my fav of the 3).  Also had house-made veggie pickles that were tasty.  Interesting beer selection, not that I would EVER have beer at lunch on a work day....ever....

#13 Charcoop

Charcoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 03 October 2013 - 05:38 PM

Tighe ~ If you ever venture over to my 'hood you might like the pizza here: pizzeriabruciato.com

Char

Growing Old Isn't for Sissies

Bette Davis

#14 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 06:46 PM

Had lunch at The Masonry in Lower QA yesterday.  Great pizza and among the best I've had in the wood fired/Neapolitan style, with that elusive crispness across the bottom crust that I covet, yet rarely find.  We tried all three pizzas on the menu: mushroom and pancetta, sausage and shallots, margherita (my fav of the 3).  Also had house-made veggie pickles that were tasty.  Interesting beer selection, not that I would EVER have beer at lunch on a work day....ever....

Do they have cocktails and wine or just beer?

Have you had the pizza at Stoneburner yet? I thought his crust was fantastic. It wasn't soggy in the middle but still had a bit of stretch to it. But the best part was you got a hint of a salt coming through. It was so good!

Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#15 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 04 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Do they have cocktails and wine or just beer?

Have you had the pizza at Stoneburner yet? I thought his crust was fantastic. It wasn't soggy in the middle but still had a bit of stretch to it. But the best part was you got a hint of a salt coming through. It was so good!

No cocktails as far as I remember, beer, wine and cider on tap, plus some bottled options.

Haven't been to Stoneburner, will give the pizza a try if/when I make it.