#61 CheeseMonger

CheeseMonger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 05 June 2018 - 08:47 PM

I really liked Miller Union.

I have a beef with MU, so I've not returned in quite awhile.

Visit one, with (now-ex) husband, who was a wine importer. He orders something lovely, and after the first glass, he politely informs the waiter that he will be in charge of pouring from here out, thank you, and that's exactly what happened.

Visit two with a couple of other lady friends, one in early pregnancy, only wanted a small taste of the wine at first pour. I politely inform the waiter that I will be in charge of the wine from here out.  As soon as L's short pour is gone, our passing waiter grabs the bottle and tops off her glass. I state a little more directly to please let us handle the wine, and we place the bottle in the far corner of the table. L splits her wine into our glasses. A few minutes later, another waiter lunges unexpectedly across the table to grab the bottle and fill L's glass. She puts her hand over her glass and gets wine poured on it. I look at this waiter and ask what I have to do to have a simple directive adhered to, and please stop. Then it happens again, and I ask for the manager. I'm polite, but clearly miffed. I explain that when a man made this request, it was honored without question, but I had to ask repeatedly, only to be ignored. He seemed to not care what I was saying to him at all.

There are too many other good restaurants in Atlanta to put up with sexist bullshit.

#62 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 84,597 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:24 AM

Oh dear, and I just had over-salted rabbit.

#63 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,106 posts

Posted 06 June 2018 - 03:50 AM

I never had an issue like that over my visits. I hate to hear that you did. I have always been treated well. Even visits that included special requests (not wine, but kitchen/service related). My last visit was in January. I hope your incident was before that 😱.

#64 CheeseMonger

CheeseMonger

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 817 posts

Posted 07 June 2018 - 08:50 PM

I never had an issue like that over my visits. I hate to hear that you did. I have always been treated well. Even visits that included special requests (not wine, but kitchen/service related). My last visit was in January. I hope your incident was before that .

Well before that, 2012 maybe? But it still grates. To top it off, I worked for a vendor to MU (my dinner friends were visiting co-workers), and we are always asked to never, ever complain about anything in case it threatens the business relationship.