74 replies to this topic

#16 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:24 PM

Plus, he's really cute. The one with neck tattoos, right? He's my fav right now.
[size="4"]Visit our website for updates...Friends of Colombian Orphans

Donations are always gratefully accepted.

#17 SethG

SethG

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,307 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 08:44 PM

I thought Keith getting kicked off was bs. I mean he's obviously not as schooled as many of the other chefs and should have known about the corn vs. flour tortillas etc. But the one who was so desperately trying to blame him for everything should have gotten the boot instead. I hate her now.

ETA: I believe her name is Sarah.

Also the Bravo website identifies Chuy as the winner of the challenge, even though that was never said during the actual episode. Weird.
Why yes, I do have a rock climbing blog! Climb and Punishment

#18 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:15 PM

Yeah, she was acting like such a martyr but I'd be pissed if someone brought me precooked shrimp. If I were Keith, I'd be pissed at the pretty boy who told him to buy whatever he wanted.

I just went to the Bravo website to check out Chuy (who I like even more now because his favorite fall drink is a Templeton Rye Old Fashioned) and was reminded that they are having that, web-only, episode where the last two eliminated chefs battle for a chance to get back on the show. Evidently Andrew won the first one. Keith won this one so I guess he'll take on whoever goes home next week.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#19 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,547 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:22 PM

The one with neck tattoos, right?

you'll have to be more specific.

I thought Keith getting kicked off was bs. I mean he's obviously not as schooled as many of the other chefs and should have known about the corn vs. flour tortillas etc. But the one who was so desperately trying to blame him for everything should have gotten the boot instead. I hate her now.

agreed. especially since after going on (during the show) about how pathetic it is to use pre-cooked ingredients in a cooking competition she and mary stuart masterson used readymade tortillas for their dish.

and i think keith's ouster was a very early example of people not being kicked off only because of what they cooked. during tasting tom actually said that tortilla aside his dish tasted good. on the other hand, they had nothing positive to say about the two women's food. but they have better pedigrees and potentially could do better down the road. the other dude is the one who should have been kicked off. i would kick him off just for spelling his name ty-lor. plus his last name is boring. no amount of ironic facial hair is going to make up for that.

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#20 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,571 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:31 PM

The world likes to keep the big man down.

A Hudson Valley Home.  Kichels --  A Recipe from the Old Country.

Just take those old records off the shelf.

#21 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:48 PM

you'll have to be more specific.

We were eating at Mesa Grill around 18 years ago with a gay couple and a guy approached our table and introduced himself and started speaking to one of the blokes who didn't seem to recognize him. The guy insinuated that they'd had sex the previous week. Our friend of friend replied, "Sorry, you'll have to be more specific."

I'm sure that happened or is that an urban legend?
It was not a new dish, as I recognised my tooth marks. Wilfrid

#22 g.johnson

g.johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 18,881 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:09 AM

I was worse than that "We had sex last Friday", "Sorry, can you be more specific".
The Obnoxious Glyn Johnson

#23 malarkey

malarkey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

Hmmm I don't know, using flour tortillas for enchiladas is a pretty big mistake. I do think the 'eliminated chef gets a second chance' thing is kind of interesting.
I'm looking forward to regretting this.

#24 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 01:52 PM

Is anyone watching "Next Iron Chef" with Simon judging?

#25 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,571 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:40 PM

Is anyone watching "Next Iron Chef" with Simon judging?

Holy canoli.

#26 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:45 PM

Yeah, we are.

I thought Samuelsson's bagel dish seemed a lot more creative than the woman's one (in the 1 to 1 cook off); I think he should have emphasized more that he made the bagel dumplings in his soup. It was apparent from Simon's comments that he was the only one of three judges who voted for him.

#27 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,571 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Doesn't Marcus have a restaurant to run?

#28 yvonne johnson

yvonne johnson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,078 posts

Posted 29 November 2011 - 02:48 PM

Today's chefs work in restaurants?

#29 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 30 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

And I totally notice they guy with two sets of glasses - I predict his sous will be in the competition longer than he is. He keeps mentioning how he wants to keep the guy, Richie (?) in the competition.

Blew that one!

There's an interesting discussion on eG about beans in chile. Jaymes is keeping things in line.

Keith is on a roll with the after-the-show competition. He beat Ritchie so there's still a chance he'll come back.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#30 foodie52

foodie52

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,345 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

I have eaten Paul's brussel sprouts out of his food trailer (East Side King) and they are seriously tasty.
His mini business