2 replies to this topic

#1 Lauren

Lauren

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,012 posts

Posted 05 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Paul and I met some friends at The Four Swallows last week. They live there so we walked on the ferry here, and they picked us up over there. It was a lovely crisp and clear night so that was a bonus!

They recently started serving cocktails, and they had a classic martini - just like I make at home - on the menu so we started of with that and some snow creek oysters. I'd never had these before but they were small and brine-y and just the way I like them.

Paul and I shared a beet salad which was good but typical. For my main I had papperdelle with pork ragu. It was good but the ragu had almost as many carrots as pork and was way under seasoned. In fact, everything needed a good dose of salt. Paul had ling cod with barley and roasted brussels sprouts. He said the fish was good but the barley was the best part. We had a bottle of 2008 Ken Wright “Abbott Claim Vineyards” Pinot Noir which was approachable but not complex.

My friend had been raving about their butterscotch budino so I felt I needed to give that a try. It was good but not even close to that served at Mozza. I had a lovely vin santo with it. Paul had the affogato, which he said was okay.

It was a fine place for dinner with our friends but I wouldn't make it a destination meal.
Transmogrified by smoke and salt

You deserve a triumphant mouthful of meat........Lily to Marshall as he searches for the best burger in NY on HIMYM

#2 Guest_Abra_*

Guest_Abra_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2012 - 08:00 PM

I think Four Swallows is over-rated, pretentious, and the food is meh, at best. If you're on Bainbridge try Hitchcock, it's much more what you'd hope to find.

#3 Charcoop

Charcoop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 31 March 2013 - 07:41 PM

I too am a huge fan of Hitchcock !

Char

Growing Old Isn't for Sissies

Bette Davis