Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#32 Meredith380

Meredith380

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:03 AM

Try Chicago deep dish.I can almost GUARANTY you that you won't like it.

I believe it. It seems like a huge pie of greasy, cheese and butter. Like Pizza Hut deep dish. I don't have the stomach capacity for that at all. But my husband wants to try it and I will taste it and see if I can get a salad.

Daniel- I'm not really that picky. I don't like foie gras (although I believe it's banned in Chicago?) and I'm not really open to offal. Maybe I'll reconsider. That's pretty funny about your dad :)

#33 Meredith380

Meredith380

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:07 AM

Is there any source get the current Alinea menu and prices?

#34 Steven Dilley

Steven Dilley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,020 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 04:27 AM

call ahead if you go to burke and want the really aged-out stuff... they didn't have anything over 28 days or whatever when i popped in for lunch.  burger was okay... i'm guessing it's usually better.

Say what you will about the ten commandments, you must always come back to the pleasant fact that there are only ten of them.

--H.L.Mencken

Sissies and wastoids

#35 Meredith380

Meredith380

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 14 July 2014 - 05:08 AM

Thanks, good idea Steven. I get full fairly quickly- I have an undiagnosed gastrointestinal issue that could be gallbladder related, and it can literally render me bedridden with no notice, so I want to really enjoy what I eat, without eating too much (or then having my husband over eat my leftovers and groaning in pain, he doesn't always know his limits).

#36 Meredith380

Meredith380

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

So far, pretty decent. Joe's is always good for what it is, which is shellfish. We enjoyed an early dinner our first night of a lb and a half of king crab, a decent Caesar salad, and nice sides of green beans alamdine and a salt baked potato with some stupidly simple sour cream mixed with what I considered a Lipton soup onion packet. My husband enjoyed it.
We did love Lawry's as it is an experience and they have a "sale" wine list which rocked. The prime rib was pretty good. The horseradish sauce was either bland or seriously intense, so I mixed them. The salad was a show, and a bit over dressed with too much iceberg but tasty. Loved the Yorkie, and the side of creamed corn. The seating there is NOT cramped and super generously space which was really nice. The mashed potatoes were improved with Lawry's seasoned salt.
Went to Billy Goat Tavern after a crazy half game played which delayed our game, something I've never seen in all of my years as a Mets season ticket holder. We went for the double burger at the Billy Goat afterward... We were drunk and hungry but damn it was good! Then tonight we went to Voltare. The ricotta gnocchi was amazing. The crowd was insane. The veal limone was inedible. More to come!

#37 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

Glad you are enjoying yourself!
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#38 Meredith380

Meredith380

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 226 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:19 AM

Thanks Daniel! We went to Lou Malinati's for deep dish as it was my California born husbands request. I didn't even manage an entire piece. It was like a buttery bread lasagna and a poor one at that. A few bites was enough, and good, but that's not my idea of pizza.