498 replies to this topic

#496 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 04:48 AM

Had a business lunch today -- at Mantra (Paramus) -- with an associate, and two Indian gentlemen. For lunch, Mantra does a buffet, with a nice variety of dishes. They seem to range from authentic, real deal, to a toned down Americanized version of a couple of dishes. That said, the Indian gentlemen, who live in Edison, and eat at Indian restaurants day and night, very much enjoyed Mantra. They educated us a bit on some of the dishes, variations, and the difference between authentic and Americanized versions of various dishes. 

Today, they had a "chilli chicken" dish that was very good. Not too spicy, but a slight tinge of bite. If you needed it muted, the white rice offered on the buffett did a very good job. They had several other dishes which the Indian gentlemen enjoyed finding on the buffet -- and even more, enjoyed the dishes themselves. There was a goat dish -- and two things, no, don't ask me the name, and no, I didn't try it, LOL -- as well as several vegetable based dishes. They always have several vegetable/vegetarian dishes. One of the Indian gentlemen was a vegetarian, the other was not. I don't know Indian food well enough to give you the names of the various dishes -- but they always have the name on a placard, with a description, ingredients, etc.

While I go here often, and I enjoy it -- it's around the corner from my office, it is convenient, quick, etc. -- today was very good. 

#497 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 852 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 02:39 AM

We had another spectacular dinner at Boulevard 572 Saturday night. We sat in the comfortable and quiet wine room. This time we ordered the tasting menu, which was $75 for 3 courses plus an excellent amuse bouche of jumbo lump crab & avocado cannelloni with mango & papaya passion fruit vinaigrette.

lxEY3SZh.jpg

For appetizers we started off with very flavorful sautéed day boat scallops with green lentil daube, applewood smoked bacon, & celeriac puree, in a caper herb butter. We also had Maine lobster agnolotti, with chanterelles, confit pear tomato, in a sherry lobster froth.

yF5N154h.jpg

QahszlRh.jpg

For entrees we both had the certified black angus filet mignon with Danish blue cheese, rosti potato, baby carrots, asparagus, in a red wine reduction.

dfFZq1Wh.jpg

For dessert we both had the dark chocolate mousse torte with chocolate olive oil cake, fleur de sel, & mascarpone gelato. It went very well with a 10 year old Taylor Fladgate tawny port.

JNcUOuEh.jpg

Below are some pictures of a cool light fixture and part of the wine room.

3ja95Fph.jpg

IvzTGyPh.jpg

I enjoyed the tasting menu but I think we will stick to the a la carte menu next time.

Follow me on Instagram @eparyzer

#498 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,594 posts

Posted 30 August 2018 - 05:01 AM

Nothing exciting as I've been up in Saratoga, and eating healthy lately -- so, when I snuck back into town for a day each week, for me it was Mezza (Westwood), Jack's Cafe (Westwood), and the River Palm (Edgewater). 

#499 Tubbs

Tubbs

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 293 posts

Posted 01 September 2018 - 11:47 AM

A week in lbi...pretty bad meal at blue water cafe, gave up on going out after that. Multiple takeout meals from Pinky's shrimps, fried scallops were excellent as was everything else, though the beach view from our patio probably didn't hurt.