17 replies to this topic

#16 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,599 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 04:59 AM

how does the place in the south bronx that you (sneak) posted about compare to case enrique?

#17 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63,328 posts

Posted 11 August 2015 - 05:27 AM

Better in most ways, worse in some (like, say, ingredient quality).

Bar Loser

MF Old

#18 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,553 posts

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:37 PM

After a very unpleasant trip to Astoria last night, which was an obligation, decided to venture into my childhood LIC neighborhood. Managed to secure two bar/window seats at the "very difficult to get into" Casa Enrique. Place was packed when we arrived at 8pm and the same when we left at 1030pm.

By far the best Mexican food I've had in NYC. It has vastly improved over the last three plus years. The Guac was outstanding as were the crab tacos and the pastor. Nice small wine list, great margaritas - according to Peggy. The service was friendly and professional. Food came out when it was supposed to arrive.

Highly recommended. Go before Amazon forces them to raise prices. Dinner for two all in (including a bottle of wine and two drinks) - $160, great value.

Why are LIC gas prices 40 cents a gallon higher than Brooklyn and Staten Island? My old neighborhood is  not affordable any more - should have kept my mother's house.

Dinner only - open for brunch weekends. Yearning to try some of their listed egg dishes.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Long Island City