2 replies to this topic

#1 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,255 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:53 PM

this is the italian place opened a few years ago by the crew from 112 eatery. we've been planning to go for ages, given our positive feelings about 112 eatery, but only just got around to it last week. the food was good, on the whole, but the portion sizes were out of control for most of what we got. i'm not sure if this is an outlier--i haven't seen comments about this in the few write-ups i've read.

our meal.

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#2 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,255 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 06:55 PM

(lex: the restaurant was quite dark; and for some reason the custom white balance setting kept failing and giving me a very cold, blue artificial image--so, i just went with the auto white balance.)

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#3 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,311 posts

Posted 10 May 2018 - 05:22 AM

Here is the problem with Beard awards. I ate at Spoon and Stable last night. Winner of best chef of the MidWest. It was fine. Id go back.

Tonight, business dinner at Bar La Grassa. Almost every dish was better than at Spoon and Stable. Scrambled eggs with lobster on toast. Exceptional. Calamari shaped pasta in a spicy pink sauce with cubed raw tuna. Perfect. Squid ink spaghetti with mussels and sea urchin. Wow. Perfectly cooked porterhouse with Black Sea salt. Spatchcooked chicken. Best chicken I ever had.

Good wine list and cocktails too. Highly recommended.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce