#1 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,868 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 03:42 PM

4924 8th Ave

Decided to give this place a shot last night.. my overall impression of the place was, it was pretty good.   Not amazing, not worth rushing back to but, a good choice. To me, the most interesting thing we tried last night were the pig ears.. I have never had them served like this.  And i am a pig ear fan.  That being said, the food was light on the Sichuan Peppercorns but, not on the spice.  But, maybe it's worth going back as the pig ears were so good, i am going to need these again.  

Cold  cucumber dish was really good too.  Perhaps the cold dishes were so good, it left room for a let down on the entrees.  This cucumber dish was bright and spicy with lots of vinegar and sesame.  So, this was terrific actually.  

15957492887_e64c6b2ff1_z.jpg

these were the fabulous, fabulous, almost worth returning for these alone.   They were super thin and long strands of pig ears that were stewed in this dark smoky chile oil.

15957172619_331b622436_z.jpg

twice cooked pork was a good version.  i prefer the bacon to be super preserved.  it was good but, didn't have that super strong salty and winey flavor.  Everyone at the table really liked this, though. 

15957492627_cf2919f7b6_z.jpg

Slice fish was a good version..they did not have the pickled cabbage that i like but, this was a good version.. really nice pieces of fish and there was bamboo as well. 

15523523113_be69875854_z.jpg

string beans with fried garlic 

16143252845_d1c80b4834_z.jpg

and then a not photographed competent chong qing chicken..  again, not very heavy on the sichuan p-corn but, a pretty good version though, forgettable.  

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: sichuan, chinese, brooklyn