3 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:59 PM

The Wall Street Journal has a short article about the rapid growth of high quality chef owned restaurants in smaller cities.  Spokane is listed among them.

Durkin's Liquor bar with its cascade of craft beers and locally produced smoked meats. Home made bacon, etc.

Italia Trattoria marries inventive takes on traditional Italian food with the abundant local produce.

Wandering Table at Kendall Yards for hipster food

Casper Fry, Mizuna are also mentioned

http://www.wsj.com/a...=trending_now_2

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#2 tighe

tighe

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 05:18 PM

I had dinner at Casper Fry last summer and thought it was very good and I've had lunch at Mizuna a few times.  CF is personal and local enough that it doesn't feel like you're at a farm to table place that could be anywhere, while Mizuna serves pretty good food that I could be eating anyplace.  CF also has great cocktails.

ETA: Sante, another place mentioned, has charcuterie definitely worth stopping for.

It may have been Camelot for Jack and Jacqueline
But on the Che Guevara highway filling up with gasoline
Fidel Castro's brother spies a rich lady who's crying
Over luxury's dissapointment
So he walks over and he's trying
To sympathize with her, but thinks that he should warn her
That the Thirld World is just around the corner

#3 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 03 July 2016 - 11:33 PM

Any other Spokane recs? Where can i get a good burger? How about Mexican? Are these Chow-type questions?

#4 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts

Posted 11 August 2016 - 04:27 AM

The only place(s) we ate at were Sante in Spokane (very good charcuterie board and green salad), Frank's Diner (pretty good eggs benedict), and Ferdinand's (in Pullman at WSU--good ice cream, too-sweet chocolate malt). 

I also had an excellent foccacia with pesto from the Spokane Farmer's Market, and a pretty good popsicle from the Liberty Lake Farmer's Market. And a peach of the quality-I-haven't-had-since-leaving-Japan from the latter. That peach was frickin' amazing. Really good milk, too, but I can't remember the name of the dairy.