112 replies to this topic

#106 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 03:37 PM

Was it ever explained why anyone thought these would be a good idea?   Are they just #431 in "500 uses for leftover pizza dough"?    Or "Look how creative we are?!"  

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#107 wingding

wingding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:16 PM

#431...no waste in the kitchen.
Stung by Nettles

#108 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,812 posts

Posted 16 October 2018 - 07:05 PM

April does not come out smelling like a rose.

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#109 wingding

wingding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:48 PM

This stuff is just so dismal. People have personalities,good,bad, and ugly, which are exaservated under pressure. They might be good cooks, but lousy leaders, or need the time and self awareness to learn to be leaders. Too easy to judge from the outside...Who knows if they can really change, what else that they should do with their lives if run out of town.
Stung by Nettles

#110 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,636 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 05:56 PM

The whole situation is an enigma multiplied by anathema.

#111 voyager

voyager

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,429 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 06:21 PM

This stuff is just so dismal. People have personalities,good,bad, and ugly, which are exaservated under pressure. They might be good cooks, but lousy leaders, or need the time and self awareness to learn to be leaders. Too easy to judge from the outside...Who knows if they can really change, what else that they should do with their lives if run out of town.

Well said.    There are competent managers and there are doers, seldom in the same package.   

It's not my circus,

not my monkeys.

#112 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,812 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 09:08 PM

true. of course, if one really wants to be a boss or a leader, one probably should also be prepared to step up and lead. she needs to step up for turning a blind eye, which she clearly did, in favor of her success over the dignity and safety of her female staff. i also recognize that she was being bullied, too

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#113 wingding

wingding

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,068 posts

Posted 17 October 2018 - 10:31 PM

true. of course, if one really wants to be a boss or a leader, one probably should also be prepared to step up and lead. she needs to step up for turning a blind eye, which she clearly did, in favor of her success over the dignity and safety of her female staff. i also recognize that she was being bullied, too

I don't think that young cooks thrust into the position of heading a kitchen really know what they are getting into a lot of the time, especially when they and their partners decide to open one restaurant after the other, along with the attendant hiring, firing,and babysitting issues....if only it was about just making good food...

Stung by Nettles