#121 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 83,218 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 09:19 PM

Glad to be of service.

The UN just called.  They need you to help out with the Russia - Ukraine situation.

I think they should call Taylor Swift.  She's boss of everyone.

The Pig is back: Months of eating, starting in Austin, Texas: Bufalina, Micklethwait's, Lonesome Dove

At the Sign of the Pink Pig

#122 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,209 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 10:18 PM

Glad to be of service.

The UN just called.  They need you to help out with the Russia - Ukraine situation.

I think they should call Taylor Swift.  She's boss of everyone.

Contemplating that breakup song....

Then that happened.

#123 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,171 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:22 AM

hey everyone, jordan spieth choked a possible grand slam away!

Suddenly needing birdie to tie, and facing the easiest target on earth -- the 18th fairway, with the adjacent first fairway offering a comfortable bailout option to the left -- Spieth hit a lousy but playable drive way, way left, complicating what should've been a simple approach. He aborted his next shot at the top of his backswing when distracted by a quick-triggered photographer behind him. On the second try, Spieth hit his ball too short and with too much spin and watched it trickle off the green and into the famed Valley of Sin.

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: st. john (london)

current whisky review: balvenie 14, 2002, "peat week"

current recipe: mixed vegetable torkari

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#124 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 83,218 posts

Posted 21 July 2015 - 02:30 AM

Choking?

Discuss.

The Pig is back: Months of eating, starting in Austin, Texas: Bufalina, Micklethwait's, Lonesome Dove

At the Sign of the Pink Pig

#125 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,887 posts

Posted 17 June 2017 - 10:10 PM

Former University of Alabama golfer Justin Thomas makes golf history with the lowest round in relation to par ever at the US Open .

And all golf fans should thank him for freeing us from the incessant reminders Johnny Miller tossed in every chance he got about having the lowest score in the US Open  :P .

#126 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,233 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 12:54 PM

I really thought he was going to win but was a bit too anxious Sunday. He hit more bad shots the first two holes than he did all day Saturday.

Koepka was steady throughout.

And for any golfers here, Erin Hills is a great place play and stay for a night. Wisconsin now has one of the better "golf trails" in the US with Kohler, Erin Hills and the new Sand Valley.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#127 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,667 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 01:14 PM

There was a mention yesterday of the tick problem at the Erin Hills course.  The fescue has been allowed to grow, and that has created a fine environment for ticks.  Several players expressed concern about walking into tall grass to retrieve a ball, etc. The consequences of Lyme disease could be career ending for a professional golfer.

I wonder if the presence of ticks constitutes an unsafe work environment?

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#128 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,887 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 02:22 PM

Yeah, I knew from the first couple of holes what was coming. He's always been a streaky player since college. He'll win a Major (and more) soon though I'd bet. Keep an eye on his teammate from Alabama, Trey Mullinax. The kid has some serious game. 

The caddies were actually offered body checks for ticks in their hospitality (along with among other things, like a cryo chamber to help with recovery from the 9+ miles of hill walking each day  :o ).

At individual tournaments on the PGA Tour, there is a sheet the in registration packet given to each player which they sign for (and is also posted in the locker room) with notices about special conditions. It includes things like warnings for everything from poison oak/ivy to ticks (lyme disease); poisonous snakes (and where they have been seen or are likely to be); fungus in bunker sand etc. So it pretty much protects the tournament and the Tour.

This week in Hartford is another hotspot for ticks and lyme disease...Jimmy Walker unfortunately is dealing with it right now  :( .