153 replies to this topic

#151 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,669 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:00 PM

jessi should instead have used his alleged hindi to get the hindi text on his walls right.

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#152 AaronS

AaronS

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 5,691 posts

Posted 05 May 2017 - 06:04 PM

I liked my meal there well enough but I went the week after Indian Accent and it was hard not to make unfair comparisons.

#153 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 957 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 03:02 AM

Eater reports that Babu Ji might be moving into the space that was supposed to be occupied by Zod's new restaurant The Mess. There was a Babu Ji sign draped over The Mess sign. Apparently work came to a halt on The Mess in March after the Community Board recommended denial of a liquor license. They just had a friends & family dinner in February.This is very strange. Both parties declined to comment. The 2nd link below includes the Community Board's denial of a liquor license for The Mess on page 44 

https://ny.eater.com...da-the-mess-nyc.

http://www.nyc.gov/h...bruary 2017.pdf

Follow me on Instagram @eparyzer

#154 Neocon maudit

Neocon maudit

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 14 August 2019 - 12:51 PM

I always forget that Babu Ji did in fact move into the old two-storey all'onda space, which is strange since I live literally a couple of blocks away. Finally remembered to dine there, and, despite the shortcomings of the owners, the food is awfully good. Wait, the Chodorows are the owners now. Perhaps that explains the unexpectedly pulchritudinous bar scene on the lower storey?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Indian, East Village