#1 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,393 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 01:27 PM

30 Water Street

The dead rabbit is a cozy bar downtown located in a brownstone from the 1800's... It's a cozy bilevel space where we only got to look at the first floor.. There are tons of photos on the ceilings, lots of wood and old timey memorabilia.  It's a wonderful little spot.  Reading about it now, i see that it won best cocktail bar in the world at Tales of the Cocktails.. Unfortunately, or fortunately, we only had a couple of beers.. I was drinking, their namesake cask beer produced by Sixpoints.. It was quite good.. 

23996879226_5a40ccbbe3_z.jpg

The menu is English/Irish.. They have pot pie and fish and chips, a burger and a few other items.. We opted for the bar snacks plate and the Corned Beef with Coleslaw and Gruyere.  

Bar snacks was not very impressive.. some carrots, some nuts.. for 12 bucks, it was rather sparce

23727702460_48b2650e2b_z.jpg

Served on lightly toasted rye, it was a delicious sandwich.. 

23655488979_44a9b6e88f_z.jpg

Bar tender was super nice.. They like to be on first name basis with people.. I was watching him make some beautiful cocktails..I guess next time, we know what to do.. But, that corned beef went really well with my beer.. 

Even Jax liked the sandwich and the fries.  Fries were typical bar fries, or chips I guess.. 

23727496420_09aebe9e10_z.jpg

Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#2 Suzanne F

Suzanne F

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 21,903 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 03:19 PM

I'm pretty sure we've talked about Dead Rabbit elsewhere; it just got buried on some other thread(s).

One of the places I miss from downtown--not that we went that many times, but still.

I don't actually know what a handbasket is -- but whatever they are, singer-songwriters are in the first ones going to hell. -- Sneakeater, 29 March 2018 - 12:06 AM

notorious stickler -- NY Times
deeply annoying and nitpicking -- Molly O'Neill, One Big Table

#3 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,172 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 10:21 PM

Closed until further notice