#46 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 03 February 2016 - 07:48 PM

Sad news.  Ken Stabler had CTE.

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#47 Stone

Stone

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 15,573 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 04:20 PM

CZhfMXvW0AAb-WS.jpg

A Hudson Valley Home.  Kichels --  A Recipe from the Old Country.

Just take those old records off the shelf.

#48 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 04 February 2016 - 05:30 PM

Stabler did the color for the Alabama football radio broadcasts until 2008 so I got to spend time around him on many road trips. It was quite apparent that aside from his issue with alcohol that 'he wasn't quite right'. One of his Bama teammates nailed it...saying he'd "had his bell rung too many times". I hope he makes it into the Hall of Fame. He's been overlooked for too long.

#49 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 06 February 2016 - 05:15 PM

I've made a number of jokes about Johnny Manziel over the last couple of years.  No more.

Johnny Manziel’s father says his son, now subject of criminal probe, 'won’t live to see his 24th birthday’ if he doesn’t get help

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#50 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 05:50 PM

Stabler did the color for the Alabama football radio broadcasts until 2008 so I got to spend time around him on many road trips. It was quite apparent that aside from his issue with alcohol that 'he wasn't quite right'. One of his Bama teammates nailed it...saying he'd "had his bell rung too many times". I hope he makes it into the Hall of Fame. He's been overlooked for too long.

YEA! He made it!

#51 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 06:25 PM

YEA! He made it!

Im glad for him and his family. It's well deserved. That said, it would have been nice to elect him when he was alive.

I felt the same way about Donna Summer's election to the Rock hall of fame.

#52 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,225 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 09:54 PM

Totally agree (on both). Hate it when really deserving people are not able to enjoy the recognition they have rightly deserved. It is nice for their families...but still wish the person who earned it could revel in it.

#53 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 07 February 2016 - 11:30 PM

People in the bar here are pulling for Peyton but not putting money on it.

#54 prasantrin

prasantrin

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,329 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 12:59 AM

I'm trying to watch the superbowl--the first one I've tried to watch since my dad died. Is it just me or is it not a particularly interesting game? (although the broncos just recovered a fumble)

The commercials haven't even been that interesting. After the half-time show, I may just start reading my book about ending relationships with narcissists. I'll probably enjoy it more. 

#55 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,868 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:31 AM

What a great game. One of the best defensive performances I've ever seen.

#56 Daniel

Daniel

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,851 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 01:11 PM

I was moved by the National Anthem. First time in recent memory I actually got the chills/feels from hearing it. There was something Freddy Mercury about it.

Didn't watch the game much as I was bartending but it was interesting as we weren't super packed. It wasn't till half time did the place fill up. Obviously a lot of shopping took place in preparation.

Next year, we may play the first season of Dallas and skip the super bowl all together.
Ason, I keep planets in orbit.

#57 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,410 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 02:10 PM

I guess the media was a little too quick to anoint Cam the next great thing. Von Miller was a beast. Nice for Peyton go out with another championship, even though the Broncos won in spite of him.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#58 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,025 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 03:59 PM

I did hear a lot about Newton being the best player in the League over the last couple of weeks.  Most frustrated player in the League last night.

#59 hollywood

hollywood

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 27,982 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:01 PM

I did hear a lot about Newton being the best player in the League over the last couple of weeks.  Most frustrated player in the League last night.

Still trying to figure why he didn't jump on that fumble at the end.

Then that happened.

I traveled to Tijuana to smack the federali

Who packing avocado toast like Mario Batali--Black Thought

#60 Wilfrid

Wilfrid

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 86,025 posts

Posted 08 February 2016 - 04:03 PM

Twitter said he was "yellow."