36 replies to this topic

#31 tanabutler

tanabutler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,760 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 07:53 PM

edit to add: A very EXPENSIVE place to live, real estate wise.

Tra la la, come to Santa Cruz, tra la la la la la la. Average price for a 3BR home is over half a million dollars, tra la la. :rolleyes:

#32 Robert Schonfeld

Robert Schonfeld

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 21 January 2005 - 08:51 PM

What is Chagrin Falls?

My first college roommate was from Chagrin Falls. He lived on Cat's Den Road. To reach his house, you crossed the only natural stone bridge in Ohio.
They're really rockin' on Bandstand.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Advocating integrated avatars and sig lines since 2006

#33 beans

beans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 05:50 PM

Jaymes! Calling Miss Jaymes!

Well? :) :D

We all know people who can be as gratuitously insulting about soup as they can about the Senate. - g.johnson

#34 magsgundah

magsgundah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 June 2005 - 05:28 AM

I'm from Pittsburgh, so my question is "Why go to Cleveland at all?" :o :o :o

I'd have to third Lola. We lived in Columbus OH for about four years and for my husband's twenty-second birthday (yes, he's still a young 'un at 25) we drove up to Cleveland where Michael Symon prepared (and served!) a five course meal for us. It was certainly one of the most memorable meals of my life -- and after having read Michael Ruhlman's The Soul of a Chef, Michael Symon has been one of his idols.

Lola, and Lola alone might be reason enough to live in the "mistake on the lake".

(Clevelanders, what do you call us? I'm sure if we were clever enough to come up with that -- you've got to have worse for us yinzers. ;) )

#35 beans

beans

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 05 June 2005 - 11:09 PM

I'm from Pittsburgh, so my question is "Why go to Cleveland at all?" :o :o :o

I'd have to third Lola. We lived in Columbus OH for about four years and for my husband's twenty-second birthday (yes, he's still a young 'un at 25) we drove up to Cleveland where Michael Symon prepared (and served!) a five course meal for us. It was certainly one of the most memorable meals of my life -- and after having read Michael Ruhlman's The Soul of a Chef, Michael Symon has been one of his idols.

Lola, and Lola alone might be reason enough to live in the "mistake on the lake".

(Clevelanders, what do you call us? I'm sure if we were clever enough to come up with that -- you've got to have worse for us yinzers. ;) )

Feh.

I don't make fun of our neighbouring city only because I love watching The Bus. :D

But Cow Town Columbus.... that's different. :(

We all know people who can be as gratuitously insulting about soup as they can about the Senate. - g.johnson

#36 Jaymes

Jaymes

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,449 posts

Posted 06 June 2005 - 02:38 AM

Jaymes!  Calling Miss Jaymes!

Well?  :o  :o

Well....my many prospective future Cleveland trips are off.

My son actually had been transferred to Cleveland, and a job with that hotel I asked about. The big downtown one. He and his wife had moved there and were living in that hotel while looking for a house to buy. They were supposed to be in Cleveland for a minimum of two years, so I thought I'd be spending quite a bit of time visiting them and was quite eager to learn all about it.

Previously, my son had been at a hotel in Napa, which they loved. They weren't looking forward to Cleveland all that much, but the money was good and in the hotel biz, you go where you're sent.

But Son arrived into Cleveland with New Young Wife (who was born and raised in Houston and who had never lived anywhere in her life except Houston and Napa) in tow. They got there January 1st.

One month of Cleveland winter weather was all it took.

Wife convinced Son to quit. So he did, and accepted a position with a company called TravelClick. They provide softwear to the hotel industry. They told him he could pick where he wanted to live.

So they're in.....can you guess?.....drumroll.....

That's right.

Houston.

Frankly, I'd prefer Cleveland.

But they didn't ask me.

:o

The Voice of America

#37 magsgundah

magsgundah

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts