132 replies to this topic

#1 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 28 July 2016 - 09:05 PM

Finally, the College Football Playoff folks listens to the fans (and the tv networks). The semifinal games will no longer be played on New Year's Eve. As someone who spent the last two New Year's Eves at a semifinal game, I can tell you there are a LOT of people who are thrilled by this move. 

#2 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 03:48 PM

Just gonna leave this here

https://goo.gl/images/qSyS0x

#RollTide

#3 mongo_jones

mongo_jones

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 24,290 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 08:44 PM

when does volleyball season start?

my annoying opinions: whisky, food and occasional cultural commentary

current restaurant review: house of curry (sri lankan in rosemount, mn)

current whisky review: glen ord 28

current recipe: white bean curry with green peppers

facts are meaningless. you could use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true!
~homer simpson

#4 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,679 posts

Posted 04 September 2016 - 09:58 PM

I have my doubts about a sport that has to be played in bikini garb...

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#5 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 05 September 2016 - 07:22 PM

Alabama takes another USC reject. If he fits in The Process, (stays sober), and Kiffin takes an HC job at the end of the season...he could be our next OC.

http://www.al.com/al...art_river_index

#6 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 06:54 PM

I was happy that Wisconsin beat LSU on Saturday but, based on what I heard about that game, I think it is pretty crazy to go from un-ranked to 10.

Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.

#7 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:27 PM

I was happy that Wisconsin beat LSU on Saturday but, based on what I heard about that game, I think it is pretty crazy to go from un-ranked to 10.

This is another time I fully agree with NS. He believes there should be no rankings until at least the 3rd (if not 4th) week of the season. Although I admit, I do like seeing most of the talking heads look foolish trying to defend their early season rankings.

#8 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,854 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:29 PM

Yeah, but weirdly the pre-season top five is actually a pretty good predictor of the end of season top five. 

But 10-20 is probably worse than a random event generator.

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#9 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:33 PM

How depressing is it that the goon on LSU gets suspended for one game which happens to be against very tough Jacksonville State.

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#10 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:39 PM

I am in New Orleans right now. The angst level among the LSU faithful is off the charts. According to a friend in the AD at LSU Les is hanging by a thread.

#11 SLBunge

SLBunge

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,171 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 07:54 PM

Funny. I was thinking of responding to mitchells to saying that for LSU fans it doesn't really matter how Boutte's suspension is because the season is over.

Suffocating under a pile of cheese curds.

#12 mitchells

mitchells

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 8,328 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 08:26 PM

You can get away with losing early in the season. Losing late is deadly.

They can get hot and save their season with a victory over Alabama. Not saying that is going to happen though.....

All are lunatics, but he who can analyze his delusions is called a philosopher.
Ambrose Bierce

#13 Evelyn

Evelyn

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,025 posts

Posted 06 September 2016 - 09:57 PM

The game is at LSU, so it's definitely possible they could win. But I think if Les loses another one (especially if it involves less than stellar coaching decisions), he's done. Since I got here Sunday, everyone is talking about firing Les and hiring Tom Herman. Who I definitely think will end up coaching somewhere in the SEC next year. The fans have lost their patience with Les. Being close to the top of the SEC won't cut it. Especially if Bama wins it again.

#14 Anthony Bonner

Anthony Bonner

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 13,854 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 04:00 PM

. What is going on at Baylor. The players are pitching the all black uniforms today as a protest against the briles firing. We're I a Baylor alum and had any sense of decency I'd be beyond livid. And embarrassed.

"This is a battle of who blinks first, and we've cut off our eyelids"

#15 Steve R.

Steve R.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,746 posts

Posted 05 November 2016 - 05:14 PM

. What is going on at Baylor. The players are pitching the all black uniforms today as a protest against the briles firing. We're I a Baylor alum and had any sense of decency I'd be beyond livid. And embarrassed.

I think it may do us all well to think about current times as similar to the '60s in that acceptable norms & boundaries are becoming exceedingly flexible & that everyone is looking to express their feelings regardless. Colleges are always the places to look for the most embarrassing illustrations of this, usually accompanied by even more embarrassing reactions by supposed grown ups. It amazes me how much my immediate reactions to what's going on in our country these days is similar to those for whom I had so much disdain when I was young. I really have to catch myself. I mean, what are these kids thinking?! It's my lawn, dammit.

This space available… contact owner.