Photo

Visiting Seattle on less than ten thousand a day..

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,216 posts

Posted 04 August 2016 - 12:47 AM

The NY Times has an article about visiting Seattle on a budget.  It's a curious article, with a nice mention of Proletariat Pizza in White City, and Southgate Roller Rink.

Noble Barton, and The Locker Room. The latter opens up at 6am, and space fills up quickly. Big Al's Brewing offers an outdoor dining and drinking experience.

http://www.nytimes.c...n-seattle.html?

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”
Niccolò Machiavelli

#2 Nathan

Nathan

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:25 PM

Lucked out with a couple sunny days in Seattle last week.  Great oysters are everywhere, as are great cocktails.  Zig-Zag is still good despite Stenson's departure.  Rob Roy is fricking fantastic.  Top-line NYC quality.  I wanted to love the Upstairs but it was let down by the crappy ice.  Tula's for jazz and cocktails.  Quite a few others.  Le Piche (thanks Jessika), GoodBar and a number of others for dining.  All quality, no great standouts.

But the prices!  Seattle is incredibly cheaper than SF, significantly cheaper than DC and incredibly cheaper than NYC.  But the quality and service level is quite high.  It's really quite remarkable.

Blatantly Obvious Disclaimer:

My opinions are obviously my personal opinions. Not yours. Not universal.