18 replies to this topic

#16 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,606 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:14 PM

An enthusiastic one star from Pete Wells.

I'm paraphrasing Pete but he describes it as a well executed genre restaurant from a man who's got it down cold.

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China

#17 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 10:23 PM

Oh, this reminds me...I was here last week with a friend. Got seats at the bar cause I walked in around 5:30, but by 6-ish, nary a bar stool to be found.

We only ordered 1 app - the salt-baked oysters. Which arrived sorta above fridge temp, but not hot, like they had made a big batch of them and just slammed them onto the plate. Weird.

#18 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,321 posts

Posted 28 March 2017 - 11:59 PM

Oh, this reminds me...I was here last week with a friend. Got seats at the bar cause I walked in around 5:30, but by 6-ish, nary a bar stool to be found.

We only ordered 1 app - the salt-baked oysters. Which arrived sorta above fridge temp, but not hot, like they had made a big batch of them and just slammed them onto the plate. Weird.

McNally moving away from having an actual kitchen for a while and just diving right into re-heated steak territory?

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#19 joethefoodie

joethefoodie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 9,453 posts

Posted 29 March 2017 - 11:34 AM

McNally moving away from having an actual kitchen for a while and just diving right into re-heated steak territory?

That is what worries me.  Still a nice room, as are most of his.

Also, we had a French-ish bartender, who kept pushing his hair off face with his hands, to either let everyone know how good looking he was, or for some other reason. And I'm sorry, but if you're tending bar, don't touch your fucking hair or face. It's enough that I have to watch practically every woman sitting at the bar twirling hair.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Kieth McNally, Beekman Hotel, FiDi