2 replies to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,345 posts

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:18 PM

Thirty thousand Euro in monthly rent, just a few meters from St Peter's basilica.  The leasing decision infuriated several older cardinali who live upstairs. They were not consulted. The horror of it all.

https://www.rt.com/n...ens-restaurant/

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”
Niccolò Machiavelli

#2 taion

taion

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 6,298 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:25 AM

65$ per square foot per year? Seems like a good deal...
I didn't tip at Per Se either.

#3 Josh Karpf

Josh Karpf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 03:13 AM

"Cardinal Elio Sgreccia . . . told La Repubblica that no price is high enough to justify the 'disgrace' of selling 'unhealthy' food 'that I would never eat' in such a place. 'I repeat, selling mega-sandwiches in Borgo Pio is a disgrace,' he said. The rent money could better be used to help 'the area's needy ... and suffering, as the Holy Father teaches,' he said" (NBC News).

Au contraire, il mio cardinale. The Eternal City's scarcity of restrooms more than justifies a Mickey D's to help the area's suffering.