6 replies to this topic

#1 joechartreuse

joechartreuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

Blue Moon in Norwood is done.  Does anyone have any idea who will be next at that site?  Even a rumor?

Karaoke and food- almost heaven

#2 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Blue Moon in Norwood is done.  Does anyone have any idea who will be next at that site?  Even a rumor?

The only rumor I saw was on Boozy Burbs saying they heard the replacement would be a 'burger concept'.

#3 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Another burger concept, LOL.

Interesting that a "successful" name, restaurant, model, etc., couldn't make it in that location. I wonder why -- location? Rent/real estate/facility costs? 

I don't know any of the details, but, regardless, I guess we'll soon see what's coming to that location.

#4 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,443 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

The liquor license alone is worth a bundle.

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”
Niccolò Machiavelli

#5 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

The liquor license alone is worth a bundle.

Absolutely...in the eyes of some buyers, it might be the only valuable asset. I don't remember who owns the real estate. I do remember reading about the real estate and liquor license when owner of the Porter House was operating the place, and all of the financial issues -- but I think all of that only had to do with the Montvale location.

#6 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 56,444 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

Can't compete with a burger concept.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#7 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,505 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

Any news on the burger concept?

Does anyone remember if the Porter House people owned the land or not? If they did, did they sell it to Blue Moon? I just don't remember any of the details. The financial saga regarding what was going on at the Porter House/Montvale was an interesting read. I know they mentioned the owner operating at Norwood, but the dispute was focused on the Montvale operation from what I remember. I think the article said that a creditor was trying to collect on a judgement or something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Opening / Closing