6 replies to this topic

#1 joechartreuse

joechartreuse

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

Blue Moon in Norwood is done.  Does anyone have any idea who will be next at that site?  Even a rumor?

Karaoke and food- almost heaven

#2 paryzer

paryzer

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 631 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 05:23 PM

Blue Moon in Norwood is done.  Does anyone have any idea who will be next at that site?  Even a rumor?

The only rumor I saw was on Boozy Burbs saying they heard the replacement would be a 'burger concept'.

#3 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 08:23 PM

Another burger concept, LOL.

Interesting that a "successful" name, restaurant, model, etc., couldn't make it in that location. I wonder why -- location? Rent/real estate/facility costs? 

I don't know any of the details, but, regardless, I guess we'll soon see what's coming to that location.

#4 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,506 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:23 PM

The liquor license alone is worth a bundle.

Dreams come in all sizes, shapes, and colors.

#5 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 05:36 AM

The liquor license alone is worth a bundle.

Absolutely...in the eyes of some buyers, it might be the only valuable asset. I don't remember who owns the real estate. I do remember reading about the real estate and liquor license when owner of the Porter House was operating the place, and all of the financial issues -- but I think all of that only had to do with the Montvale location.

#6 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,292 posts

Posted 08 January 2017 - 07:11 AM

Can't compete with a burger concept.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#7 E.L.A.

E.L.A.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,553 posts

Posted 23 January 2017 - 12:44 PM

Any news on the burger concept?

Does anyone remember if the Porter House people owned the land or not? If they did, did they sell it to Blue Moon? I just don't remember any of the details. The financial saga regarding what was going on at the Porter House/Montvale was an interesting read. I know they mentioned the owner operating at Norwood, but the dispute was focused on the Montvale operation from what I remember. I think the article said that a creditor was trying to collect on a judgement or something.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Opening / Closing