Photo

Sunday In Brooklyn (Atera alums in South Williamsburg)

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

#46 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 15 July 2017 - 11:55 AM

All of these reports have done this place a huge disservice. SIB is OUTSTANDING!!!

The cod pastrami could be the best dish being served in NYC right now.

#47 Orik

Orik

Advanced Member

• Technocrat
  • PipPipPip
  • 20,154 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:00 PM

This is much better than Isa (by which I mean the original, not whatever pizza brunch place it became), and gets good results even if it does so by relying extremely heavily on fat. 

In particular, getting a 2.5lb-ish John Dory (perfectly cooked) for $50 felt like exploiting an arb opportunity, but also the charcuterie (maybe except for the chicken liver pate (butter)) was very nice, and the cod pastrami was indeed good if very much in your face. We also had a couple of things from the vegetable section which were nice (radishes, lettuces), but to me the fat bombing seemed even more obvious here. 

Interesting wine list, and I tried not to choke at the $105 price tag for a bottle of Mas de Gaio (which I think of as a 20 Euro wine, but maybe I'm misremembering). 

sandwiches that are large and filling and do not contain tuna or prawns

#48 Rich

Rich

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,753 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 01:36 PM

Yes, their wine list is somewhat overpriced, but that appears to be the way of the world these days - guess they need to make up for the rent increases.

It is fatty concept, but I did my best to limit by doing some veggies as well.