#2 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,601 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:16 AM

the human cost can be very high and there is violence

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*

#3 Sneakeater

Sneakeater

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59,431 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:25 AM

When my wife had her chemo wig made, it was made from Sicilian hair.

The wigmaker PROMISED us the hair was sold by its bearers voluntarily.

Bar Loser

MF Old

#4 splinky

splinky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,601 posts

Posted 23 March 2017 - 04:41 AM

lots of promises are made. there have been huge scandals where hair for sheitels is not actually kosher because it was gathered for rituals deemed to be idolatrous and resold to wigmakers. lots of hair gathered in india is treated to resemble hair from europe. european hair especially natural virgin blonde hair is more expensive. not only is this deceptive but the hair is damaged in the treatment process and will not wear as well. 

“One thing kids like is to be tricked. For instance, I was going to take my little nephew to Disneyland, but instead I drove him to an old burned-out warehouse. 'Oh, no!', I said, 'Disneyland burned down.' He cried and cried, but I think that deep down he thought it was a pretty good joke. I started to drive over to the real Disneyland, but it was getting pretty late.”
~Jack Handey

*proud descendant of cheese eating surrender monkeys*