1 reply to this topic

#1 Rail Paul

Rail Paul

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 22,771 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:09 PM

Florida health officials are looking into claims that a decomposed bat was found in  a package of prepared organic salad greens distributed by Fresh Express through Wal-Mart.

Brian Kellerman, a founder of Kellerman Consulting in Columbus, Ohio, which does food safety consulting, said it’s rare but possible for a bat to get into a finished product during the manufacturing process.

A bat or a bird can enter a plant through a vent, a hole or an open dock door and perch there, he wrote. “It could then make its way to a production area, and if the controls in the facility are particularly lax (this is especially true if the equipment is automated), the animal could make its way into the production line without being caught,” he said by email.

https://www.nytimes....anic-salad.html

“It must be remembered that there is nothing more difficult to plan, more doubtful of success, nor more dangerous to manage than a new system. For the initiator has the enmity of all who would profit by the preservation of the old institution and merely lukewarm defenders in those who gain by the new ones. ”
Niccolò Machiavelli

#2 Lex

Lex

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 23,155 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 06:14 PM

I'll see your dead bat and raise you a live scorpion.

"I don't understand what's wrong with thinking of correlation as a pricing convention the way one thinks of Black-Scholes vol. I mean, vol curves aren't "real" anyway, but nobody uses local vol models to price vanilla options." - Taion

"But this is blatant ultracrepidarianism on my part." - Taion

I have a dream of a multiplicity of pastramis.

"once the penis came out, there was discussions as to why we didn't order the testicles" - Daniel describing a meal in China